What you will learn
- Learn C# from scratch. A powerful modern language.
- Get experience using Unity 2017 - a very versatile 3D tool.
- Gain an excellent general knowledge of video game design.
- Make 2.5D and 3D games in Unity.
- Transfer your knowledge to .NET, other languages, and more.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Develop a positive attitude to problem solving.
- Practical exercises EVERY VIDEO to build actual skills.
- Learn good coding and design patterns.
- Learn to use source control, a valuable tool for working in small teams.
Unity is an incredible 3D package used for making video games, architectural and medical imaging and more. The challenge is that it's big and complicated to use, especially for complete beginners to coding and game development. We make learning to code easy and fun by leading you step-by-step through the process of creating exciting games.
The projects in the course use a mix of Unity 2017, 2018 and 2019. All sections are 100% compatible with the newer Unity 2019 software updates.
This course has full professional-produced English closed-captions.
If you're reading this you probably already have everything you need to get started. Unity is a free download. With regular access to an internet connection you'll be able to engage in our thriving community. Even if you have no experience with coding, or with 3D packages, we will guide you through everything from first principles. Starting slow, then building on what you learn, you'll soon have a very solid working knowledge of Unity.
Don't take our word for it, please see the amazing reviews students have taken the time to write. We are proud to be transforming lives, and equipping 1000s of people with valuable new skills. We would love you to become one of them now.
The course is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources - you'll never get stuck. There are "talking heads", powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each demo game you build you will follow this process...
- Be challenged to build the entire game yourself.
- Be shown step-by step how to build it.
- Be challenged to apply, and re-apply your knowledge regularly.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced coders and avid gamers, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
What this course DOESN'T cover...
Here are some things we will not be covering in detail...
- Art asset creation (assets provided but not made on-screen).
- Advanced performance optimization.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and connect with 1000s of other students.
Dive in now, you won't be disappointed!Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code the fun way - by making games.
- Existing coders (especially C#) who want to re-skill to game development.
- People who want to learn to make their vi
Hi, I'm Ben. I have a degree in computing from Imperial College London, and a physics diploma from the Open University.
I started working for myself at the age of 15, and never looked back. I explored careers as varied as being a commercial pilot, stunt-man, rock climbing instructor, and more. None of these provided a continued challenge, and stable income in the same way technology does.
After building and selling a home computer support business, I became an angel investor and business mentor here in Cambridge UK. I fell in love with teaching game development through one of my investments, and I now spend all of my time sharing my passion with people like you.
I can't wait to help you experience the fulfilment, and financial freedom, that having a deep understanding of technology brings.
So why not start learning to make games with me and my team now? Click the world link to see all of my team's courses.
See you soon!
Ben Rick Davidson has been making video games for a living for more than 14 years as a Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. He founded an Indie game studio, Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. He has worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as "GardenMind" which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the