Golang: Intro to RESTful APIs with Golang (Go programming language) & 1.5hr of React-Redux bonus content (frontend)
Created by: Mike M
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Create a model from Golang's struct type and a slice to add records to
- Create a router and register to it api endpoints and handler functions
- Build handler functions to do CRUD operations
- Create a Postgres database instance and a table to save records
- Establish a connection to the database and query the table for records as well as insert, update and delete individual records
- Build the handler functions to make queries to the database and perform CRUD operations on persistent data
- Make use of packages such as gorilla/mux, strconv, reflect and etc
Overall Score : 86 / 100
Whether you are a backend or front end developer, if you are looking for a quick, straight forward and step by step introduction to how to build RESTful APIs with Golang (Go programming language) this is the course for you.
Build RESTful APIs with Golang (Go programming language) is a collection of successive, quick and to the point hands on lectures that put emphasis on doing (code along) rather than just talking and showing slides. It is only 2 hours so it won't be another one of those 10 hours courses that you buy and end up not completing.
What will you build?
You will create RESTful APIs with Golang (Go) that will perform CRUD operations or CREATE, READ, UPDATE AND DELETE on data you save on a PostgreSQL database.
You will work with structs and slices to create your model and store and pass data around. You will create a router to register your api endpoints and handler functions. You will also learn how to refactor your code and create a modular file structure.
You will make use of technologies such as the PostgreSQL database for persisting records, Postman for making API requests, and third party packages such as gorilla/mux for routing, and other packages for loading environment variables, making http requests, encoding and decoding JSON, performing string conversions and checking types.
Both Go (Golang) programming language has become very popular among startups and the development community in general. Golang is a great language designed with simplicity, maintainability and performance in mind. Now is the best time to learn both Go.Who this course is for:
- Beginner level Golang (Go programming language) developers