After Effects CC: 2D Character Animation - Puppet & Rig (Udemy.com)
Adobe After Effects CC - Master the two most important techniques for 2D animations in Adobe After Effects.
Created by: Louay Zambarakji
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Create 2D Character Animation using the two most important methods
- Master the Puppet Pin Tool and all its auxiliary tools
- Identify strategic placement of Pins
- Understand Alpha Channels and Mesh applications
- Create awesome animations using the two Sketching tools
- Set pixel priorities In Front within the alpha channel
- Explore the stiffness parameters and its effects on mesh deformation
- Understanding the concepts of rigging, Forward and Inverse Kinetics
- Rig Complex shapes
- Animate using the rigging concept
- Learn how to use Pro-Plugin to Rig Puppet Pins
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This a Unique course to learn 2D Character (Cartoon or Photographic) animation methods and techniques. It's all about Puppeteering a character and/or rigging graphics.
Learn and Master the concepts and tools that you will need to build full 2D Character animations in After Effects CC.
Learning 2D Character animation in After Effects with the two most important techniques is an asset for everyone who wants to work in After Effects.
Master the Puppeteering tool and couple it with the rigging method to create exciting animation:
- Understand the concept of Puppeteering in After Effects
- Master the Pin tool and create Pins in strategic points
- Discover how to use the Puppet Overlap Tool and create levels for your flat characters
- Explore of Puppet Starch tool and stiffen areas of you character
Acquiring the 2D Character Animation Skills is Essential and Important when you want to work in After Effects.
You will cover the Puppeteering methods and techniques in After Effects and Master the three essential tools and all parameters that will make a character animate smoothly.
You will also learn how to use pro-plugin to rig your puppet to create forward kinetics that will allow you more control.
You will cover how shape layers are rigged and learn how to animate a rigged complex shape. You will then be able to animate any complex shape.
With these fundamental techniques animating a Character be it cartoon or photographic will be easy and animations are created fast.
Among Others you will cover:
The Puppet Tool including the Puppet Pin and Mesh, How to Record an Animation with Motion Sketching for Puppet Pins and Motion Sketching for layers. You will also cover how to smoothen your animation and how to apply the wiggler effect to a Puppet Pin.
You will cover Keyframing Pins and create simple and complex animations.
In every Character there will be need to stiffen certain areas and overlap others, you will cover these two aspects very thoroughly.
Rigging is a method of linking layer in Forward Kinetics and animating from base to extremity: this subject will be covered in full.
Going more pro and using an important plugin to rig Puppet pins is covered as the last resource required to become a pro in 2D Character animation.
Join this Course and I wish you happy Puppet Show!!
CheersWho this course is for:
- This course is a starter course for my 3D animation course: By taking this course you will better understand 3D animation.
- Students who want to learn 2D Character animation in After Effects using simple techniques
- Students who want to understand, use and master the Puppeteering and Rigging Concepts
- Students aspiring to become pro-animators and practice with 2D animation concepts
- Do not take this course if you have no idea what is Adobe After Effects
- 4.7 Rating
- 39 Reviews
The Highest Rated and Bestsellers After Effects and Video Editing Courses on Udemy.
Video Editing, Animation, Motion Graphics and Visual Effects is what I lovecreating and teaching, Offline and Online.
After Effects is what I love working with, every day, (except Sundays, my wife and kids won't let me.)
I learned these the very hard way, very long time ago (since 1985) and I am still on it. It's amazing when you discover that I used to use assembly language to animate sprites (think of PacMan), Green and B/W screens. Today I am animating Videos in 3D in just a click.
The Path to Mastery starts now. Being in the advertising industry has taught me that precision and a significant attention to details are very important, and makes the difference between a fake and life like animation or visual effect.
What You Will Learn from me:
After Effects: The whole lot. In my course After Effects Complete Course packed with all Techniques and Methods (No Tricks and gimmicks).
Motion Graphics: From simple Lower 3rd to Advanced & Complex Animation up to how to get your 2D character to walk around.
Visual Effects & Compositing: Essentials topics covered in my After Effects and Video Editing courses.
Video Editing: If it's Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve you have excellent top rated courses.
Color Correction & Grading: Covered in my video editing courses.