After Effects - Motion Graphics & Data Visualization (Udemy.com)
Using Adobe After Effects create beautiful VFX Visual Effects, data visualization & VFX Compositing.
Created by: Daniel Walter Scott
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- You'll learn to take Excel spread sheets and animate this in After Effects.
- You'll learn how to make animated pie charts, line charts & bar graphs.
- You'll learn how to create percentage counters.
- You'll learn how to animate icons making beautiful infographics.
- You'll learn how to create 'voice over' infographics.
- You'll learn all the animation techniques needed to bring your data to life.
- You will have the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- Techniques used by professional motion graphic designers.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your new career path.
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course is for beginners. You don't need any previous knowledge in VFX Compositing or any motion graphics experience. We'll start with the super basics, taking simple icons breathing life into to them with After Effects.
We'll work through a real life projects, connecting Excel into After Effects to transform your boring spreadsheet data into approachable visual information. We'll experiment with lighting & cameras. We'll do some fun things with masking, looking at how important sound is in your presentation, all the way through to exporting for Youtube, Powerpoint and all sorts of social media including animated GIFS.
There are projects for you to complete, so you can practice your VFX visual effects skills and use these for your portfolio. There is a cheat sheet and I've got exercise files so you can play along. I will also save my files as I go through each video so that you can compare yours to mine - handy if something goes wrong.
Know that I will be around to help - if you get lost you can drop a post on the video 'Questions and Answers' below each video and I'll be sure to get back to you.
What are you waiting for? Lets get making!Who this course is for:
- This course is for people completely new to After Effects. No previous animation or motion graphic design experienced is necessary.
- This is a relaxed, well paced introduction that will enable you to produce impressive video for your business or organization. Only basic computing skills are necessary - If you can send emails and surf the internet then you will cope well with our course.
- 4.9 Rating
- 50 Reviews
Daniel Walter Scott
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I u