What you will learn
- Build an Angular 2 application from scratch
- Integrate an Angular 2 application with multiple Rails 5 APIs
- Implement features such as: routing, data binding, data updates without a page refresh, and more!
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
After you have completed this course you will be able to build modern Angular 2 and Ruby on Rails 5 applications. In fact, in this course we're going to develop three applications, with Angular working as the front end, and two Rails API apps functioning as the backend. This is a powerful combination since you will learn how to create incredibly fast, dynamic Angular applications that embrace features such as real time updates, along with the power and flexibility provided by the Rails framework.
We'll start the course by walking through the application architecture, this will teach you the concepts you will need to understand how microservices should be designed from a software engineering and best practice perspective. From there we will start building the Angular 2 front end application, including integrating the Bootstrap 4 framework to style the app. After the front end is complete we will create two Rails 5 API applications that will store and manage the data for the full system.
Throughout the course material you will learn concepts such as:
- How to configure your system to run Angular Applications
- How to generate an Angular 2 application from scratch
- What it takes to build Angular components
- How to work with Angular Observables to automatically update page elements without even needing to refresh the page.
- Along with how to communicate with APIs and parse the data they return.
- And everything else you'll need in order to build real world Angular 2 + Rails applications!
Each lesson of the course is paired with the source code that I used in the guide so you can check your work. And since the application we're building is a real world app I'll constantly be adding to the course material with new features, as I do with my other courses.
Please feel free to review the course curriculum and I look forward to going through the material with you on your development journey!Who this course is for:
- This course is for developers who want to learn how to build real world Angular 2 applications that run on Ruby on Rails backend APIs
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and Founder of DevCamp where he leads instruction and curriculum development for all of the DevCamp and Bottega code schools around the US.
Jordan has developed applications for Quip, Eventbrite, and DevCamp. As a teacher, he focuses on project driven education, with a focus on jobcentric techniques. This means that he focuses specifically on teaching the skills needed in the development industry. This style of teaching is conducive to learning how to build real world products that adhere to industry best practices.
Additionally Jordan has published multiple books on programming and computer science for Packt Publishing, along with developing training curriculum for Bottega, Learn Co, DevCamp, and AppDev on the topics of Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API development, TypeScript and algorithms.