This Coursera course was developed by Rice University to introduce users to the analytical powers of Excel software. It is an introductory course that spreads modules over a four-week curriculum. Topics primarily focus on managing data and using analytical tools with a lighter focus on editing and presentation features.
Created by: Sharad Borle
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Intro to Spreadsheets: modules last three hours and explain the basics of data manipulation and arithmetic operations.
- Organizing Data: two hours are spent on "IF" command, "VLOOKUP" and variations on the two commands.
- Filtering, Pivot Tables and Charts: two hours are dedicated to these tools to expand command of data management.
- Advanced Graphing and Charting: two hours of practical experience in utilizing the various graphs built into Excel (such as line graphs, scatter plots and more).
Overall Score : 100 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Streamlined class keeps the focus where promised: on analyzing data, not editing or customizing cells.
- Class is example-driven, making it easier to follow concepts and techniques.
- Coursera courses include lines of communication between students and instructors. Specific questions can be asked and will be answered.
- Course is designed from a single version of Excel. Mac users, users in countries outside the United States and users with alternative Excel versions will face hiccups with certain features and instructions.
- While considered a course for beginners, the lessons assume some familiarity with Excel. This course does not spend much time on the most basic operations.
Sharad is a faculty of Management at the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University, Houston, Texas. He holds a Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University, and his expertise lies in Business statistics and data analytics. He is a well published academic with publications in top tier quantitative journals. He is passionate about teaching Business statistics and makes difficult concepts easy to understand in a way that learners get confidence in applying them to their particular decision situations.
Students also recommend
4.9 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 12h
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Chandoo.org
- Time: 1h 30m
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Amazon