Unleash the power of .NET Core to build high performance web applications
Created by: Packt Publishing
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Delve into ASP .NET Core framework and HTTP API RESTful implementation
- Learn to use controllers and endpoints to define routes
- Explore good patterns and practices such as Domain Driven Design (DDD), Dependency Injection (DI) or Data Transfer Objects (DTOs)
- Store data in SQL server using Entity framework ORM
- Understand how to use .NET Core platform to build microservices architecture
- Learn how to send messages through distributed system with the RabbitMQ service bus
- Deploy applications on the cloud with Docker and Docker Compose
- Explore commands, events, handlers and other design patterns
- Perform unit and integration testing
Overall Score : 74 / 100
Packt's Video Learning Path is a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
With real-world use cases, learn to build robust web apps by understanding client and server side development using .NET Core
Understand how to test, deploy, and maintain your applications with .NET Core
Learn how to work with the microservice architecture using the .NET Core platform to build a distributed system
This Learning Path begins with setting up the ASP.NET Core environment and building the application structure. You will then explore the built-in features of the framework such as dependency injection, logging, and filters. You will also learn how to build and implement RESTful APIs into your application by creating HTTP requests using CURL and Postman.
Next, you will perform unit and integration testing to ensure that your application works properly and that the new changes in the application does not break the existing functionalities. You will then learn to create views that will interact with the API. You will also understand how to store data in the SQL server.
Moving ahead, this Learning Path teaches you everything you need to know to start developing distributed system using the microservice architecture. Next, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the services provided by the framework for building distributed applications. Finally, you will learn to use Docker and Docker Compose to pack your application into the container and deploy it to the virtual machine running on the cloud.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will have a strong understanding of the latest features of ASP.NET Core and will be able to develop, test, and deploy web applications using them.
Meet Your Expert(s):
We have the best works of the following esteemed author to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- This Learning Path is for ASP .NET developers and programmers who wish to learn the .NET Core framework to become a full-stack ASP .NET developer.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.