Become a Database Guru from Basic to Advance SQL PostgreSQL queries. Use SQL queries for Data analysis and Visualization
Created by: Prathap G
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- How to Install PostgreSQL and PgAdmin 4
- Retrieve the data using SQL queries.
- Insert, update and delete data from tables in PostgreSQL.
- Filtering, Grouping and slicing the data from the tables in PostgreSQL.
- Various Built In functions in PostgreSQL.
- Learn Data conversion functions in PostgreSQL.
- Step by STEP approach in constructing a complex SQL queries.
- Learn how to Join the data between various data sets.
- Learn all the SET Operators in PostgreSQL.
- Use the real Time NORTHWIND data set in the queries.
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Please note that this course will be continuously getting updated with more videos to keep you up to date on PostgreSQL. You will find lot of new lecture covering new features in the area of PostgreSQL. Best part about this course is that, You can also demand a lecture on a specific topic of PostgreSQL, which comes under the scope and I will make sure that the section on that Topic is added .
This course is designed for the beginners and freshers to gain knowledge on PostgreSQL and to use them in their projects/assignments. You will find different techniques to construct the SQL queries. The professionals who have zero knowledge or very less knowledge on SQL queries, will find this course extremely useful.
Learning SQL and PostgreSQL also helps you to become better data analyst and eventually would help you to get into the field of Data Science/ Data Analysis/ Data Visualization.
I will Guide you through a STEP by STEP approach on how to write SQL Queries. I will also explain about different ways to write very efficient SQL queries. I will first start with the installation of PostgreSQL database and PgAdmin 4 and then will install the North wind database model. I will then start writing some of the Simple SQL Queries and then slowly move towards filtering, grouping and slicing the data. Then, I will be working on more complicated topics like Joins, Operators, Inbuilt Functions and eventually by the end of the course you would be able to write complicated SQL queries.
You should be able to complete this course in a week time, if you dedicate 2 hours of your time daily and this journey will take you from zero to Hero.
Important Topics covered:
- Installation of PostgreSQL and Pgadmin 4
- What is a SQL and Database and its Background
- Understanding the Northwind Data Model
- Selecting the data from Tables
- Filtering the data from Tables
Usage of Arithmetic and Logical Operators
- Understand the GROUP BY , HAVING
- Understand Various SET Operators
- Learn Various Joins in PostgreSQL
- Step by Step approach in creation of Complex SQL Queries
- Sorting of Data
- String, Number In Built Functions
- Data Conversion Functions
- DML and DDL Statements
Trust me, I will make sure you have an awesome learning experience and will hold your hand and take you step by step!!!
Happy PostgreSQL Learning :-) Who this course is for:
- Beginner who want to learn DBMS/PostgreSQL management system.
- Anyone with a basic knowledge of SQL, but is new to PostgreSQL.
- Aspirants seeking career opportunities in RDMS Database and SQL.
- DBA, Developers, Support Analyst who need to create PostgreSQL SQL queries in their day to day work.
- Database developers interested in Data science.
Prathap is an IT professional who has 15 years of Experience and diversified knowledge across multiple domains in the industry. Working in a leading Product/Cloud provider company. He has taken various roles in his career from Developer, Designer, Consultant, Architect, Performance Management and is currently ramping up his skills on latest generation Tools and Products.
Prathap has vast knowledge on Database(Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL), Python, Performance Management, DevOps Tools and Microsoft Azure.
He loves to teach from very beginning and Udemy is the platform that helps him in continuation of the same passion.