509 Best + Free Artificial Intelligence Courses & Certification [UPDATED]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Artificial Intelligence (AI) Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Intro to Artificial Intelligence [Udacity] - Best Free Course
- 2. UC Berkeley CS188 Intro to AI [Berkeley AI Materials] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Artificial Intelligence [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python [Udemy] - Best Paid Course
- 5. Artificial Intelligence Full Course | Artificial Intelligence Tutorial for Beginners | Edureka [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 6. Elements of AI [Reaktor, University of Helsinki] - Best Text Based Course
- 7. MIT OpenCourseWare - Artificial Intelligence [MIT OpenCourseWare] - Best Advanced Course
- 8. Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach [Pearson Education Limited]
- 9. Microsoft Professional Program for Artificial Intelligence [SkillUp Online]
- 10. Natural Language Processing in Action - Understanding, analyzing, and generating text with Python [Manning Publications]
Artificial Intelligence A-Z: Learn How To Build An AI (2017)
- Course does a great job of presenting an intuitive approach to understanding AI.
- With multiple real-world examples, students can pivot course knowledge into professional work.
- Supplemental materials enable students to get as deep into the concepts as they like.
- Course requires a solid background in Python.
- While not listed as a prerequisite, a working knowledge of three-dimensional calculus is necessary for some sections.
- Despite having math too advanced for inexperienced students, the course probably delves too lightly in the math necessary to make truly effective AI.
Intro to Artificial Intelligence (2014)
- Course is challenging, but students who finish will be versed in advanced concepts of artificial intelligence.
- Course is great for exploring ideas and applications of AI, which is applicable to fields outside of computer science.
- Course is taught by world leaders in the field.
- Course is very challenging and will alienate plenty of students.
- Course does not succeed without the additional textbook.
- Course is old. AI and teaching have advanced since its creation.
UC Berkeley CS188 Intro to AI (2012)
- One of the best-established introductory courses in AI.
- Course is challenging, but the trial by fire creates a strong foundation for AI.
- Course teaches students how to train Pacman AI to show visible results for their improvements as they go.
- Despite being an intro to AI, this course is not an intro to computer science. A coding background is pretty much mandatory.
- Course pace is relentless.
- Course relies heavily on students seeking their own supplemental resources.
Artificial Intelligence (2019)
- Course goes way beyond typical AI discussions and looks into ethics and metaphysical considerations.
- Course does an amazing job of making such an advanced topic accessible to non-experts.
- Course has fun with deep topics.
- Course is fun but not very practical. You cannot apply these lessons by themselves.
- With over three hours of content, this is a potentially steep investment of time for a cursory glance at AI.
- Course goes too far into fictional concepts of AI and potentially misleads students.