Learn how to animate characters using your video camera and microphone! No prior animation experience required!
Created by: Chad Troftgruben
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Properly assemble rigs in Photoshop for Character Animator
- Add tags for proper behavior tracking
- Add handles for pin, draggable and physics effects
- Refine rigs with customizable behaviors
- Create Triggers for exposable props
- Create Swap Sets for multi-phase items
- Add dynamic motions with head turns and walk cycles
- Record animation for export
Overall Score : 96 / 100
More specifically, in this course, you will learn how to:
- Layout a Photoshop character for Adobe Character Animator import
- Tag layers for lip syncing and facial behaviors
- Add special handles such as draggers to allow interactivity with the mouse
- Create triggers for hide-able layers
- Create Swap Sets for multi-phase layers
- Auto lip sync in the application
- Lip sync using external audio
- Edit recorded actions
- Work with backgrounds
- Work with multiple puppets
- Export animations through Adobe Media Encoder
- Beginners who are looking to rig and animate a character in Adobe Character Animator
I have spent several years learning different kinds of software while freelancing personal and commercial projects. Along the way I have collected a bunch of useful knowledge that can be translated into engaging video tutorials. So while I continue to create zany animated adventures, I want to share with you what I have learned.
I have worked for several companies over the years creating eLearning content. Some of these include: Smith Micro, Virtual Training Company, Packt Publishing, Train Simple and Pluralsight.
My animation is freelance based and isn't as well known as my eLearning content. I have a few animation projects I currently have my hands in. In addition, I work for others who need animation assistance.