Using MySQL but applicable to Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL. Taught by a Data Scientist and PM.
Created by: A Course You'll Actually Finish
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- Analyze user behavior
- Find actionable customer/business insights
- Make data-driven decisions
- Measure and track marketing efforts
- Discover sexy marketing stats (e.g. 1 in 4 people love toast!)
Overall Score : 80 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This SQL course has been taken by fine marketing folks at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Lyft, and Udemy.
Bill was looking to move into a more analytical role and saw SQL as a requirement in the job listings he saw. He wanted to add "SQL" as a skill to his resume/CV with a clean conscience and back it up if any questions arose in the interview. But getting there would take forever. Better to just "fake it til' you make it"... right?
Joe was working in a marketing position at a small company. He had a bunch of creative ideas but sometimes felt like he was shooting in the dark and guessing at what customers were doing. If only he had some insights about user behavior so he could be a more data-driven marketer. But data analysis is only for technical folks right?
David and Pete joined Udemy with little to no technical experience. But after a lot of trial and error, headaches, and help from their friends, they got good enough to uncover unique insights for themselves, their team, and their company using SQL. They were able to discover interesting things about user behavior, create dashboards to track and measure progress on team goals, pull data for the exec team to use in investor pitch decks, and get data driven about decisions they made. They've since helped many team members buff up their data analysis skills and helped students land jobs!
What You'll Learn:
If you have no technical background, don't be afraid! We've distilled our knowledge and experience using SQL into a short course so that by the end, you'll have the raw skills to do some real data analysis for your company using SQL - a language virtually EVERY company uses. Note: this courses teaches you real-world SQL - not just the theory in abstract, but real skills you can use to get more data-driven in your current job.
How This Course is Structured:
- In this course we'll be pretending we're a real business (i.e. Blockbuster) so the stuff you learn will be easy to apply to your own situation/company. No abstract/theoretical mumbo jumbo.
- We'll go through queries a real business would run while also teaching you the raw skills undergirding those queries so you can adapt those skills to create custom queries for your own specific purposes
- To reinforce learning, we have exercises and quizzes scattered throughout the course so you can learn by doing
- We'll have a bonus section where new lectures will be added occasionally (including student-requested lectures, more advanced topics, strategies for getting unstuck, etc.)
- We'll be actively involved in the discussion board answering any questions you might have! Don't be afraid to ask!
We know what it's like to buy a book, feel good about yourself, never finish it and have nothing to show for it. We don't want that to happen with this course. We want this to be a course you'll actually finish. We believe half of learning is motivation and engagement, so we've tried extra hard to make this course fun, relevant, entertaining, and punchy - no frills, no dragging things out, just the good stuff. Heck, you might even find yourself skipping a party to spend time with your new best friends (i.e. us)!
- Do I need to purchase any software to take this course? Nope! Everything we use to do data analysis with MySQL is completely free. We'll walk you through the installation and set-up of any software we'll be using.
- Can I take this course with Linux? The set-up and installation lectures we've created are for Windows and Mac, and we don't currently have specific installation lectures for Linux.
- Startup folks
- Non-technical folks
- Aspiring Data Analysts
- Recent College Grads
- Product Managers
This series is built upon the conviction that half of learning (ok, maybe 40%) is motivation and engagement.
This series aims to make each course engaging, not gargantuan in length, and just plain fun/ny (we'll try at least). Plus, there will be quick wins throughout the course so you can visibly see yourself learning new skills able to applied in the real world.
In addition, we'll hold contests every now and then (ooh~ prizes!) to motivate you to finish your course.
This is gonna be a course you'll actually finish. Hey! I'm David and I work at Udemy doing Engagement Marketing for the Instructor Team.
I graduated from UC Berkeley as a Rhetoric major (read: no technical skills) but then joined Udemy in 2012 when the company was about 20 employees. I initially joined Udemy's course quality and review team and about a year later became Udemy's first email marketer on the instructor team.
At Udemy, I was introduced to the basics of SQL and soon started using it everyday. After a lot of messing around, StackOverflow-ing, and working with my co-instructor and colleague Peter on some mind-numbing queries, we've started helping others at our company learn the ropes. Hi there! I'm Peter and work here at Udemy on the Data Science team. I am focused on data analytics for the growth marketing team.
I graduated from Stanford University and started working at Udemy in the Summer of 2013. I initially came in as a support team member