Master Sketch software and learn a modern approach to designing mobile apps, websites, and everything UI/UX
Created by: Codestars by Rob Percival
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Master the number one platform in UI/UX design, Sketch.
- Take an idea and bring it to life. Everyone has a great idea, this course will allow you to start building your dream.
- Wireframe websites, mobile apps, and more.
- Design Mobile Apps, Websites, Web Apps & More
- Create a clickable prototype that looks and functions like the real deal.
- Build a style guide to make sure everything you do stays on brand.
- Approach product design from a complete Design System
- Join a startup, land your dream job, or freelance on the side for extra cash
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Clean, intuitive and frequently named on of the best packages available for digital design, Sketch is used by everyone from entrepreneurs and start ups to Apple, Google, Facebook, and Instagram.
A brilliant tool for platform design, Sketch and can be learned in a matter of hours and days, not weeks and months, and this course will take your mobile and web app designs to the next level!
But is it the right course for you? It is if....
- You want to get a job at an amazing company like Facebook, Google, Amazon, or Uber.
- You have amazing startup ideas, but don't know how to bring them to life.
- You are tired of your day job and want to learn a new (and extremely valuable) skill.
- You want to earn money on the side as a freelancer.
- You want to change your career trajectory but do not have the time or money to go to an immersive 3 month bootcamp.
- You are a developer and want to be able to run all aspects of the product development lifecycle including frontend design.
With over 13 hours of content across 110+ lectures, Andrew will take you from beginner to expert, and teach you everything you need to know in order to use Sketch in professional setting. The first half of the course is a compendium of hundreds of the most important techniques, key shortcuts, tips and tricks... welcome to:
- Sketch University! The most comprehensive A-Z approach to understanding Sketch concepts and the tools that power the platform.
- Speed Project! Use your newfound skills to design your very first mobile app screen.
- The Idea: What do you need to consider when launching your own business? Find out here!
- Style Guide: Learn how to create a brand-focused style guide, and why it's so important you do! Includes typography and colour design.
- Logo Design: Every great business needs a great logo. In this section you'll learn how to create an amazing business logo.
- Wireframing: Learn what a wireframe is and how to use it to create a first draft for a mobile application.
- Building the mobile app: Learn best practices for your mobile design work, from an industry professional!
- Building the web app: See how web differs from mobile, and the key elements you must include for a successful web app.
A fantastic course for people with zero design experience, or for experienced designers that want to learn and master Sketch 3. By the end of this course you'll have a complete, professional-level project for your own portfolio, and every student will have the knowledge they need to create beautiful and usable apps that leave people with a smile on their face.
- Practical, A-Z project of App design
- Tips & Tricks, make most of Sketch Tools
- Vector Tools and Symbols
- Colors, Icons, and Typography
- BONUS! Creating a working, interactive Prototype
- A certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
- Entrepreneurs that want to finally bring their startup to life. This is the single biggest step you can take to getting a product out into the world.
- Developers that want to understand front end principles to compliment their existing skills.
- Anyone that is tired of their day job and wants to change their career.
- People that want to earn additional income freelancing.
- Individuals that want to land their dream job at companies like Google, Facebook, and Uber.
Best-selling Udemy instructor Rob Percival wants to revolutionize the way people learn to code by making it simple, logical, fun and, above all, accessible. But as just one man, Rob couldn't create all the courses his students - more than half a million of them - wanted.
That's why Rob created Codestars. Together, the instructors that make up the Codestars team create courses on all the topics that students want to learn in the way that students want to learn them: courses that are well-structured, super interactive, and easy to understand. Codestars wants to make it as easy as possible for learners of all ages and levels to build functional websites and apps. Hi! I'm Rob. I have a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University and you might call me a bit of coding geek.
After building websites for friends and family for fun, I soon learned that web development was a very lucrative career choice. I gave up my successful (and sometimes stressful) job as a teacher to work part time and today, couldn't be happier.
I'm passionate about teaching kids to code, so every summer I run Code School in the beautiful city of Cambridge. I also run the popular web hosting and design service, Eco Web Hosting which leaves me free to share my secrets with people like you.
You wouldn't believe the freedom that being a web developer offers. Sign up and find out for yourself why so many people are taking and r