Like "Fortnite?" Master the tools used to build it as we re-create an arcade classic using Unreal Engine 4.
Created by: Greg Wondra
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Understand how to download, install, and setup a project in Unreal Engine 4
- Build levels, create materials, customize particles, and edit sounds in Unreal Engine 4
- Script interactive gameplay elements utilizing Unreal Engine 4's Blueprint Scripting tools
- Layout, animate, and give functionality to custom-made menu screens and in-game HUD
- Create a COMPLETE gaming experience from scratch!
Overall Score : 92 / 100
This course contains over 100 fun to follow video lessons. Things learned in this course include:
- How to setup and create a project in Unreal Engine 4
- How to construct simple levels using basic shapes
- How to create interactive objects using Blueprint Scripting
- How to implement simple enemy AI
- How to create interactive menus and a game HUD
- How to add fun presentation elements like slow motion, animating scores, flashing text, etc.
- And more!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Unreal Engine 4 to create games
- NO PRIOR VIDEO GAME DESIGN KNOWLEDGE OR UNREAL ENGINE 4 EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
My name is Greg Wondra, I am a 12 year video game design veteran and 3 year game design instructor. I have worked for companies such as 2K Sports, KingsIsle Entertainment, and Nickelodeon. I'm proud to have had the honor of working on the games listed below:
- Wizard 101 (PC)
- Lost Planet 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- MonkeyQuest (PC)
- Sports Champions (PS3)
- Major League Baseball 2K5, 2K6, 2K7, 2K8 (various consoles)
- SpongeBob Moves In (Mobile)
- Grub Guardian (Mobile)
Working in the gaming industry has been a dream come true and has provided me with rare lifetime opportunities. Over the course of my career I've been fortunate enough to have directed the likes of LeBron James and Derek Jeter in motion capture sessions. Additionally, one of the projects I was involved with (Sports Champions) was selected to be the game bundled in with Sony's Playstation Move hardware when it was initially released.
Since 2016 I've worked as the Video Game Design instructor at the Regional Occupational Center in Bakersfield, CA where I teach high school seniors a full year course on game design using Unreal Engine 4.