What you will learn
- How to download and install Unreal Engine 4
- How to navigate around Unreal Engine 4
- How to place, move, rotate, and scale actors in Unreal Engine 4
- How to construct a simple game design document
- How to graybox a level in Unreal Engine 4
- How to dress-up a level (make it pretty!) in Unreal Engine 4
- How to create blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- How to script gameplay functionality with blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine 4
- How to create a HUD and menu screens in Unreal Engine 4
- How to create a fully functioning game in Unreal Engine 4
Overall Score : 92 / 100
This course contains over 90+ fun to follow video lessons. Things learned in this course include:
- How to setup and create a project in Unreal Engine 4
- How to navigate and use essential tools available in Unreal Engine 4
- How to create a basic game design document
- How to create a graybox (rough draft) level
- How to dress up (make pretty!) levels using static meshes, materials, particles, sounds, and lights.
- How to create interactive objects using Blueprint Scripting (NO CODING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!)
- How to create interactive menus and a game HUD
- And more!
- Beginning game designers
- People interested in learning how to use Unreal Engine 4
My name is Greg Wondra, I am a 12 year video game design veteran and 3 year game design instructor. I have worked for companies such as 2K Sports, KingsIsle Entertainment, and Nickelodeon. I'm proud to have had the honor of working on the games listed below:
- Wizard 101 (PC)
- Lost Planet 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- MonkeyQuest (PC)
- Sports Champions (PS3)
- Major League Baseball 2K5, 2K6, 2K7, 2K8 (various consoles)
- SpongeBob Moves In (Mobile)
- Grub Guardian (Mobile)
Working in the gaming industry has been a dream come true and has provided me with rare lifetime opportunities. Over the course of my career I've been fortunate enough to have directed the likes of LeBron James and Derek Jeter in motion capture sessions. Additionally, one of the projects I was involved with (Sports Champions) was selected to be the game bundled in with Sony's Playstation Move hardware when it was initially released.
Since 2016 I've worked as the Video Game Design instructor at the Regional Occupational Center in Bakersfield, CA where I teach high school seniors a full year course on game design using Unreal Engine 4.