Unleash the power of C++ and Blueprint to develop Multiplayer Games with AI in this Epic Games-approved course.
Created by: Tom Looman
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- Discover the power of C++ to build games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Master the fundamentals of C++ programming.
- Build multiplayer games you can play with friends.
- Master Unreal's Gameplay Framework to create any genre of games.
- Create multiple types of Artificial Intelligence within Unreal Engine 4.
- Write clear code that can be exposed, extended and modified by Blueprint.
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
3d game development Awards Best Paid Course
If you have a bit of programming know-how from other coding languages but are new to C++ game development, then this course is for you! Unreal Engine 4 Mastery is also a great fit for current developers who have previous experience with Unity3D or other game engines. Unleash the full power of the Unreal Engine by taking this step-by-step guide.
In this course, you will:
- Create two multiplayer-ready games in C++
- Create multiple types of AI enemies
- Expose C++ code to Blueprint to unlock the full power of the engine
- Discover the fundamental classes required to build games
- Code many common gameplay mechanics like weapons, power-ups, characters, guards, and more
- Challenge yourself with fun activities that further test your programming knowledge
- Discover many tricks and features in C++ to get the most out of Unreal Engine
- Master the fundamentals to build your own dream game
This course is also packed with challenges where you'll build a grenade launcher, a black hole that sucks in the fabric of space, and a launch pad that bounces players and objects aroundjust to name a few! Through these activities, you'll explore the engine's code, improve your problem-solving capabilities, and take your games to the next level.
By the end of the course, you can use your knowledge of C++ and Blueprints to build your own dream games. You can use the games built during this course for your personal projects moving forward, as you add more advanced features. Even if you thought C++ was difficult or intimidating before taking this course, you will learn how easy it is to code C++ within Unreal Engine 4 once you go through these lectures. Even if you are are only interested in single-player type games, this course will be a great fit as it teaches many other concepts besides programming for multiplayer games.
Why Learn From Me
In this course you will learn more than just programming in Unreal Engine 4. You will actually follow the Unreal Way' of making games in this Epic Games-approved course. Start off on the right foot and write effective C++ code using methods the engine creators have used themselves! I have been working with Unreal Engine 4 and creating game development tutorials since day one. Through this partnership with Epic Games, you will gain the skills to create stunning new projects and advance your professional aspirations in game development.
Join me in this course and start building awesome games in C++ today!
Note: Now includes FULL Chinese subtitles for all 140+ Lectures!Who this course is for:
- People who have tried C++ with Unreal before but could not find the right tutorial to support their hands-on learning style. This course offers step-by-step guidance and lots of activities so you can master making games with C++.
- Developers from Unity3D and other engines looking to dive into Unreal Engine 4 programming.
- People with prior programming experience who want to make multiplayer games and create artificial intelligence in Unreal Engine 4.
- If you have never touched a programming language before this course may not be for you. However, proficiency in Unreal's Blueprint visual scripting also counts as a valid foundation for this course as it shares the same concepts as languages like C++.
- If you are an artist who wants to bring your ideas to life in a game, a Blueprint-focused course might be a better fit for you. Skim the course curriculum to see if you're interested in using the power of C++, networking, and AI programming to build out the technical structure of your game.
Hi, my name is Tom. I'm a game developer who has worked with Unreal Engine 4 since day 1, both as an indie developer and as an engineer at Epic Games, the creators of Unreal Engine 4! Over the years I created 70+ tutorials and samples for the Unreal Engine community!
Through my courses I hope to teach you some of what I learned over the years and help you get started building your very own games! I enjoy explaining concepts by going hands-on and showing by example. I'm passionate about taking seemingly difficult concepts and boiling them down into simple to follow guides. My goal is to make game development approachable to anyone who is willing to learn.
Besides teaching and writing about games, I work on games every day, which keeps me up-to-date on Unreal Engine 4, C++, and the game creation process. I learn new things every day, which I then apply to my courses.
Join me on this game development adventure, and I hope to see you in one of my courses!
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is the creator of the Unreal, Gears of War and Infinity Blade series of games. Today Epic is building Paragon, Fortnite, SPYJiNX, and the new Unreal Tournament. Epic's Unreal Engine technology is used by teams of all sizes to ship visually stunning, high-quality games and experiences across PC, console, VR and mobile platforms. Developers also choose Unreal Engine for visualization, design, film, television and simulation. Follow @UnrealEngine an