VFX Compositing with Nuke: The Complete 2D Edition (Udemy.com)
A comprehensive guide to 2D compositing for live-action films in post-production visual effects using Nuke.
Created by: Vicki Lau
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Know what, when and how to do simple to advanced compositing in Nuke
- Know how to use The Foundry Nuke for simple to advanced compositing of 2D live-action shots
- Apply basic and advanced techniques in 2D compositing
- Translate compositing skills picked up in "VFX Compositing with Adobe After Effects" to do compositing with industry software Nuke
- Know the tricks and cheats in optimizing Nuke scripts and your workflow
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Learn How to use Industry-Standard Software like a Professional.
Part 1 of a 2-part Nuke series using real live-action films as test shots for this course, learn by actually working on shots while following the course as a step-by-step guide to proper and professional compositing.
Why This Course?
- Taught by a real professional in the visual effects and film industry who worked on actual Hollywood blockbusters
- Step-by-step guide with practical and hands-on live-action shots to work on
- Insights and know-hows that would save you time and money when working on your own visual effects shot
- Major part of a series of other more advanced visual effects tricks, tips and methods
- Includes up-to-date information and lessons on new additions and tools from The Foundry
- Networking and open collaboration opportunities with instructor and students
Use the Tools that the 80% of the Pros Use in the Visual Effects Industry.
You will Learn How:
- Compositing is applied in film and television
- To do realistic compositing
- To use Nuke for 2D composting in live-action films
- To apply basic and advanced 2D compositing techniques and tricks
- To apply effective and smart techniques of doing compositing
The best part about this course is that it's going to cover all that you need to know about compositing in only the time that is necessary to get the lessons across - unlike those 15-hour courses where most lessons simply just go on forever, or exist for no reason.
If you are truly serious about learning how Nuke is used beyond the classroom, in a real-world setting similar to the studios, then this is the right course for you.Who this course is for:
- Film students and graduates interested in visual effects post-production
- Professionals from other industries looking to try some visual effects shots
- Aspiring or new filmmakers working on their own visual effects film
- Visual effects professionals who need to refresh their skills and have been out of the industry for a while
- Students of my other VFX courses who want to enhance their skillset in visual effects
- NOT for seasoned visual effects professionals who are currently in the industry
- 4.6 Rating
- 36 Reviews
Vicki started as a humble student of digital media back in the small city of Singapore with a background in visual effects and programming in film and television. Without any contacts or connections in the United States, she began her career at the age of 18 from Singapore, working her way up into the Hollywood film industry and landing her first break working on AMC's hit series, The Walking Dead (Season 4), as well as other movies such as Guardians of the Galaxy, War for the Planet of the Apes and the recent Aquaman.
Already recognized by her country and by major organizations as an expert in her field, Vicki has made great strides for someone her age, being in consistently high demand for jobs - averaging about 4 job offers and requests for interviews per freelance month(s) of availability, whilst her peers are still struggling to find their first entry-level position in the field. At only 24 years of age, she was one of the youngest speakers and presenters at the SMPTE Annual Technical Conference in its time, where she was a panelist and speaker for virtual reality in motion pictures.
She gave a TEDx talk on visual effects and virtual reality in May 2016 at Napa Valley, CA and in November 2018, was invited to speak as a k