VSD - Physical Design Flow (Udemy.com)
VLSI - Building a chip is like building a city!!
Created by: Kunal Ghosh
Produced in 2015
What you will learn
- Understand Industrial Physical Design Flow
- Modify and Develop own Flow as per Specifications
Overall Score : 86 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
We have contributed anonymously to this website, just to share the part of knowledge learned all these years, with the students keen to learn the basic concepts of the Chip Design. And also shared our industrial experience to give the technological exposure of current development in chip world... Who this course is for:
- Students looking for entry in VLSI World and explore new ways of solving problems
- 4.3 Rating
- 46 Reviews
Kunal Ghosh is the Director and co-founder of VLSI System Design (VSD) Corp. Pvt. Ltd. Prior to launching VSD in 2017, Kunal heldseveral technical leadership positions at Qualcomm's Test-chip business unit. He joined Qualcomm in 2010. He led the Physical design and STA flow development of 28nm, 16nm test-chips. At 2013, he joined Cadence as Lead Sales Application engineer for Tempus STA tool. Kunal holds a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India and specialized in VLSI Design & Nanotechnology.
Hands on with Technology @
1) MSM (mobile station mode chips) - MSM chips are used for CDMA modulation/demodulation. It consists of DSP's and microprocessors for running applications such as web-browsing, video conferencing, multimedia services, etc.
2) Memory test chips - Memory test chips are used to validate functionality of 28nm custom/compiler memory as well as characterize their timing, power and yield.
3) DDR-PHY test chips - DDR-PHY test chips are basically tested for high speed data transfer
4) Timing and physical design Flow development for 130nm MOSFET technology node till 16nm FinFET technology node.
5) "IR aware STA"