Created by: Brad Schiff
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- Why code is the key to building whatever you can imagine with WordPress
- The ability to write PHP to manipulate the data of a WordPress site
- How to code your own new custom block types for the "Gutenberg" Block Editor
- The skills, knowledge and vocabulary to work professionally as a WordPress developer
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
wordpress Awards Sponsored
Updated for 2019: A new 3 part lesson on coding our own custom block type for the new "Gutenberg" Block Editor in WordPress.
Together we will build a website for a fictional university and along the way we will:
- Install WordPress on your personal computer so you have a private playground copy of WordPress to practice and experiment with
- Get introduced to the PHP language (this is what powers WordPress)
- Set Up a New Theme (You'll learn how to convert any HTMLA template into a living breathing WordPress theme)
- Create Custom Post Types and Custom FieldsRelate pieces of content with each other (e.g. a professor and a program)
- Leverage the WP REST API
- Let visitors sign up for a basic account on our site
- Build a "My Notes" feature (user specific single page application with real-time CRUD actions)
- Let users "like" or "heart" a professor (update the professor's like count on-the-fly)
- Deploy our website live up onto the web for the entire world to view And much more!
This course may be brand new, but this isn"t my first time teaching. I"ve led training sessions for Fortune 500 companies and I"ve already helped over 17,000 people on Udemy and received the following feedback:"Brad definitely has some of the best techniques to embed the lesson into your mind" hands down these are the best tutorials I have had the opportunity to view.""Presentation is concise without being tedious" you honestly feel that you have a thorough understanding of the subject.""[Brad] explained the process. Not memorize this or that, he explained the process. If you're looking to take a course to understand the foundations of creating websites, look no further."Become highly valuable and relevant to the companies that are hiring WordPress developers; in one convenient place alongside one instructor. If you're ready to begin coding custom websites - I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
Developers who want to use WordPress as a true Content Management System and not "just a blog platform."
People who want to learn about the "REST API" which allows us to interact with WordPress data on-the-fly in realtime.
Anyone interested in custom post types, custom fields, and creating relationships between various content types.
- Course focuses on code, better empowering students to customize websites than most introductions to WordPress.
- Course is aimed at professional-level development not casual web design.
- Course even includes lessons on utilizing the Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Direct questions from students often go unanswered.
- Installing tools can be difficult and little help is offered.
- Some code examples have not been updated and no longer function.
Hi, I'm Brad and I've taught web development to countless coworkers and held training sessions for fortune 100 companies.
I also teach local night classes and run a somewhat popular YouTube channel named LearnWebCode.
I'm a front-end developer, designer, and educator. I've been building user interfaces for over a decade for the world's largest brands, international technology leaders, and national political campaigns.
I'm fortunate to enjoy the development work I do, but my true passion is helping people learn.