This 36-hour Udemy course takes a deep look at the introductory concepts of 3D modeling with Blender. It covers basic uses of Blender and delves deeper into CGI, combinations with real footage and creating your own materials. Upon completion, students are well past orientation and instead are working steadily with Blender.
Created by: GameDev.tv Team
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Use Blender and understand it's interface
- Understand the principles of modelling
- Create 3D models with simple colors
- Learn the basics of animation
- Explore and have fun with particle effects
- Create your own materials
- UV map and unwrap your models
- Export your models to external packages
- Use Blender's physics engine to create destruction
- Combine CGI with real life footage
Overall Score : 0 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
blender Awards Sponsored
Blender is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality models which can be exported to any game engine, 3D printer, or other software. Here are some of the reasons why you want to learn Blender with this online tutorial...
Create assets for video games.
Make unique 3D printed gifts.
Design your dream house, car, etc
Express yourself through 3D artwork.
Learn how to create 3D Models and Assets for games using Blender, the free-to-use 3D production suite. We start super simple so you'll be ok with little or no experience. With our online tutorials, you'll be amazed what you can achieve.
Ben Tristem is one of Udemy's top instructors, and Michael Bridges is an experienced 3D artist. Together Ben and Michael will provide world-class support, encouragement and plenty of challenges.
The course is project-based, so you will applying your new skills immediately to real 3D models. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources - you'll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each of the models that you build you will follow this process...
Be challenged to build the entire model yourself.
Be shown step-by-step how to build it.
Apply your knowledge regularly.
Have a more specific focus? Check out our other Blender courses which focus on characters and environments. Want to bring your models to life in a video game engine? Check out our Complete Unity Developer 3D course. Just look for our green leaf logo - a sign of passion & quality.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way. By the end of the course, you'll be very confident in the basics of 3D modelling and rendering, and hungry to learn more.
If you're a complete beginner, we'll teach you all the modelling fundamentals you'll need. If you're an artist, we'll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you're a coder, we'll teach you modelling and design principles.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Dive in now, you won't be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
Competent and confident with using a computer.
Artists who want to learn to bring their assets alive.
Game Developers who wish to expand their Skill Set.
Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Course goes well beyond the scope of most Blender introductions and leaves students much more enabled to complete animation projects.
- Course is routinely updated to keep up with changes to Blender.
- Course is deep enough that even experienced Blender users find it illuminating.
- Subject matter is perhaps divided into too many small pieces and goes from accessible to cumbersome.
- Supplemental resources are light for a Udemy class.
- Use of keyboard shortcuts without explanation makes some sections a little harder to follow.
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy. We have more than 600,000 students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them. GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Visit our community page and let us know.