In a world full of tutorials and technical instruction on how to use computer tools to do just about anything, Drawabox simplifies everything and starts at the true beginning of developing a fundamental skill. This course teaches you how to draw. While that seems simple in presentation, the lessons are thorough and will take you from a place with absolutely no drawing skills to adeptness in physical drawing.
Created by: Irshad Karim
Produced in 2015
Overall Score : 0 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
drawing Awards Best Practical Course
- Unlike many other courses, this does not get lost in using tools.
- The drawing methods are truly universal. Students will be able to apply them to virtually any drawing project.
- Course naturally builds on previous concepts to help students develop true proficiency in drawing.
- The teaching approach is built on rigor. Students who shy away from that rigor will fail.
- Lessons are physical. Students will spend substantial time warming up and going through rote movements.
- Lessons stop short of teaching portraits. Some students will be disappointed.
Irshad is a concept artist and illustrator currently based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, (though born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario) and he spends a good deal of his free time writing free drawing lessons for his website https://drawabox.com and the community /r/ArtFundamentals (https://reddit.com/r/ArtFundamentals). He also does a fair bit of programming (these days primarily game development with HTML5) but you're more likely to see art related videos from him.