Step-by-step tutorial on how to create a basic rigid body motion physics from scratch. Taught in C# using Unity 3D free.
Created by: Ben Tristem
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Translate new laws of physics to code.
- Understand how game engine physics works.
- Extend the capabilities of Unity 3Ds physics engine.
- Transfer this knowledge to other game engines.
Overall Score : 88 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
I will be teaching using Unity 3D free as the example game engine. I expect you to have some experience with both Unity 3D, and C# before starting this course. If you don't then check out my Complete Unity Developer course.
Why would you take this course?
- To understand game physics better.
- Practice creating your own physics components.
- Improve your knowledge of Newtons Laws of Motion.
Access to this course does come with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
See you in there! Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for you if you're running into the limits of your game engine's physics.
- If you are not confident in how your game engine's physics works "under the hood", this course will give you that insight.
- This course is probably not for you if you're a physics PhD, who is already confident in coding!
Hi, I'm Ben. I have a degree in computing from Imperial College London, and a physics diploma from the Open University.
I started working for myself at the age of 15, and never looked back. I explored careers as varied as being a commercial pilot, stunt-man, rock climbing instructor, and more. None of these provided a continued challenge, and stable income in the same way technology does.
After building and selling a home computer support business, I became an angel investor and business mentor here in Cambridge UK. I fell in love with teaching game development through one of my investments, and I now spend all of my time sharing my passion with people like you.
I can't wait to help you experience the fulfilment, and financial freedom, that having a deep understanding of technology brings.
So why not start learning to make games with me and my team now? Click the world link to see all of my team's courses.
See you soon!