Become an expert in Shading, Lighting and Rendering with Arnold for Maya, Katana, Cinema4d, Houdini and other 3D render
Created by: Arvid Schneider
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Fully understand the principles of shading and lighting and how to apply it to your own work.
- Have better chances to land a job in the VFX industry by becoming more versatile and efficient.
- Be able to create photo-realistic renderings which stand out in the community.
Overall Score : 84 / 100
With his knowledge and expertise Arvid has prepared a detailed beginner and intermediate course which helps you to skip the line and become an experienced lighting and shading TD in today's competitive industry.
Learn the fundamentals of Arnold
- Apply the knowledge to any other software package like 3DsMax, Maya, Cinema4D, Katana using Arnold.
- Understand the most important shading nodes, like Curvature, Noise, Occlusion, Surface and a lot more.
- Be able to use best practices in terms of stylized photographic lighting.
- Create physically correct shaders, which look appealing and render efficiently.
- Setup complex shading networks with advanced light rigs.
- Not teaching how to work within Autodesk Maya.
- Not about modelling, texturing or animation.
- Not providing source files.
- Students, industry beginners or mid level artists who are willing to go the extra mile and stand out.
- Students who are always looking for a new challenge and want to improve their skill set to become more versatile in the industry.
- Students who want to learn from an industry expert with more than 10 years of professional VFX experience.
Arvid loves being creative and technical at the same time, that is why he has been working in the industry as a technical director for leading VFX companies like ILM, MPC, Cinesite. In his 10+ years experience Arvid has worked on several big shows like Transformers, Ready Player One, Jurrassic World, James Bond - Spectre, to name the most recent.
Arvid is specialized in the look development and lighting field, where all the pipeline departments come together to create the final rendered image. Technical and artistic expertise is needed to compete in the high end industry of VFX.
For this reason Arvid is very keen to share and help other artists, new comers or even advanced artists in the look development and lighting field.
Arvid is also developing pipeline optimizations tools to improve efficiency of artists and production. Most of the code is written in python, a little part is C++.
Apart from developing third party tools for rendering packages, he also develops applications for iOS and macOS using Swift.