What you will learn
- Complete literal SELECT statements.
- Complete basic SELECT statements querying against a single table
- Filter data using the WHERE clause
- Sort data using the ORDER BY clause
- Learn about database design and normalization
- Using joins, return columns from multiple tables in the same query
- Understand the difference between the INNER JOIN, LEFT/RIGHT OUTER JOIN, and FULL OUTER JOIN
- Complete SQL statements that use aggregate functions
- Group data together using the GROUP BY clause
- Filter groups of data using the HAVING clause
- Use built-in SQL Server functions
- Understand SQL Server Data Types and Type Casting
- Work with Table Expressions: Derived Tables and CTEs
- Use CASE Statements
- Use Subqueries
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Do you want to learn a skill that can help you earn nearly $100,000 per year? If so, then this course is for you!
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the language we use to interact with databases that store data. This allows us to retrieve data with ease and simplicity. As terms like business intelligence and big data become more familiar, businesses will need more people to learn the SQL language.
This course will teach you how to use the SQL language within Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database engines in the world.
You will have plenty of video lessons to teach you the majority of the content. Each section includes practice problems or additional e-books to help reinforce what you learn in the video tutorials.Who this course is for:
- Anyone who works with data, tables, or databases!
- Someone who wants to learn the foundational skill of big data and data analytics.
- Those who work in organizations where the company typically uses Microsoft databases. This course uses Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL (Microsoft SQL) variant of the SQL language. Those who work with Oracle, DB2, or MySQL might not gain as much from this course.
- If you work in: marketing, finance, accounting, operations, sales, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, or any other industry/function that collects information
- Someone who wants to learn skills that give them the potential to earn near SIX figures!
Brewster Knowlton has worked in all facets of the business intelligence industry. With significant experience writing SQL code, developing ETL processes, and architecting and designing data warehouse systems, his greatest strength is the ability to communicate difficult concepts in an easily understood way. Having completed business intelligence projects across a variety of industries, Brewster understands what BI skills organizations need and employers are seeking. His goal is to help you learn SQL and business intelligence skills so that you might find your dream career in the business intelligence field.
Students also recommend
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Manning Publications
- Time: 4h
4.7 (6 Reviews)
- Provider: SQLBolt
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Khan Academy
- Time: 1h