25 Best + Free SQL Courses & Certificates 
- 1. Querying Data with Transact-SQL [edX] - Best Free Course
- 2. Introduction to SQL [SQLBolt] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Learn SQL in 1 Hour - SQL Basics for Beginners [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert [Udemy] - Best Paid Course
- 5. MySQL Tutorial for Beginners  - Full Course [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 6. SQL Tutorial [SQLZoo] - Best Text Based Course
- 7. Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) [Coursera] - Best Advanced Course
- 8. Learning MySQL Development [Lynda]
- 9. PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 1 The Basics [Lynda]
- 10. Database Clinic: MySQL [Lynda]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best SQL Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- Udemy and Eduonix are best for practical, low cost and high quality SQL courses.
- Coursera, Udacity and EdX are the best providers for a SQL certificate, as many come from top Ivy League Universities.
- YouTube is best for free SQL crash courses.
- PluralSight, SkillShare and LinkedIn are the best monthly subscription platforms if you want to take multiple SQL courses.
- Independent Providers for SQL courses & certificates are generally hit or miss.
2% of jobs $52,000 - $62,499
5% of jobs $62,500 - $72,999
8% of jobs $80,000 is the 25th percentile. Salaries below this are outliers.
$73,000 - $83,499
12% of jobs $83,500 - $93,999
15% of jobs The average salary is $101,293 a year
$94,000 - $104,499
15% of jobs $104,500 - $114,999
14% of jobs $118,500 is the 75th percentile. Salaries above this are outliers.
$115,000 - $125,499
10% of jobs $125,500 - $135,999
7% of jobs $136,000 - $146,499
4% of jobs $146,500 - $157,000
3% of jobs
The Complete SQL Bootcamp 2021: Go from Zero to Hero (2021)
- Course has over 55,000 ratings and a near-perfect score. This course has successfully helped tens of thousands of students. Its very accessible.
- Course does not require any additional resources. It is a complete boot camp, including all necessary software and a host of supplemental resources.
- Course comes with Udemys lifetime support. You can revisit it as many times as you like, and you can get support each time.
- The course is deep for introductory instruction, but there is room for much more depth on virtually every topic.
- Course may not prove challenging for veteran programmers who are expanding into SQL.
- Course does not cover commonly attached software, like Tableau.
Querying Data with Transact-SQL (2015)
- Course is part of two certified programs: Data Analysis: Essential Skills and Data Science Core.
- Course does a great job of encouraging experimentation, expanding the depth of understanding of the topics covered.
- Course support is robust and outperforms many of its peers.
- Course is for beginners with SQL, but not beginners with programming in general. It is geared towards an intermediate audience, and inexperienced coders may struggle.
- Course does not involve writing queries from scratch, which leaves certified graduates feeling unprepared for real-world applications.
- Course success rates are much higher for students with at least a peripheral background in SQL.
Introduction to SQL (2015)
- The learn-by-doing approach is extremely effective. There is little focus on theory and instead a heavy emphasis on completing tasks that teach the concepts.
- Course is followed up by multiple deeper dives into SQL topics.
- Concepts in the course are streamlined. The focused information is easier to digest, leaving more complicated information for more advanced tutorials.
- This is more of a freestanding, web-based self-help book than a course. It does include lessons, but there are no direct interactions with any kind of instructor.
- There is virtually no support for the course. If a student gets stuck, they are on their own.
- Course is a self-funded site, and may not be as reliable a resource to come back to over time.
Learn SQL in 1 Hour - SQL Basics for Beginners (2017)
- Course is one of the shortest on the topic without sacrificing thoroughness or effective communication.
- Every script in the course is available for download for further study and tinkering.
- One of the most informationally organized YouTube tutorials you can find.
- Additional support is minimal. Questions on the YouTube page might be answered eventually, but the video is old enough that the community has died down.
- While the course is impressive for being only an hour long, the limited time forces ideas and concepts to be cut from the tutorial. Course is best used as a supplemental tutorial rather than a primary learning resource.
- Course does not connect to a more advanced dive into SQL, leaving students stranded with limited information on the topic.
The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert (2021)
- The course lives up to its name, which is rare for SQL tutorials.
- Course does an exceptional job of teaching the coding necessary to succeed.
- Manages to convey advanced information in much less time than competitors.
- Lessons are taught entirely on the cloud, so learning is inaccessible if the internet is down.
- Course skips ER diagrams, which are invaluable.
- Examples are interesting but entirely theoretical. Course needs some real-world examples.
MySQL Tutorial for Beginners  - Full Course (2019)
- Programming with Mosh is a renowned YouTube tutorial channel, and this lives up to the reputation.
- Every lesson within the tutorial is carefully tagged, cataloged and paired with downloadable examples.
- Course only involves free-to-use software. There are no hidden costs for students on a budget.
- Despite the age of the video, the instructor is still regularly responding to student questions and comments.
- Tutorial glosses over table creation.
- Tutorial has not been updated, and its not 2019. Some updates to MySQL may leave students confused.
- Course does not provide support resources beyond the YouTube comments section.
SQL Tutorial (2012)
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) (2017)
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Learning MySQL Development (2014)
Overall Score : 99 / 100
PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 1 The Basics (2017)
Overall Score : 99 / 100
Database Clinic: MySQL (2017)
Overall Score : 99 / 100