Master Node by building a real-world RESTful API and web app (with authentication, Node.js security, payments & more)
Created by: Jonas Schmedtmann
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Master the entire modern back-end stack: Node, Express, MongoDB and Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver)
- Build a complete, beautiful & real-world application from start to finish (API and server-side rendered website)
- Build a fast, scalable, feature-rich RESTful API (includes filters, sorts, pagination, and much more)
- Learn how Node really works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, streams, modules, etc.
- CRUD operations with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Deep dive into mongoose (including all advanced features)
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases (including geospatial data)
- Advanced authentication and authorization (including password reset)
- Security: encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Server-side website rendering with Pug templates
- Credit card payments with Stripe
- Sending emails & uploading files
- Deploy the final application to production (including
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Then Node.js is the hot technology for you to learn right now, and you came to the right place to do it!
Welcome to the Complete Node.js, Express and MongoDB Bootcamp, your fast track to modern back-end development.
This course is the perfect all-in-one package that will take you from a complete beginner to an advanced, highly-skilled Node.js developer.
Like all my other courses, this one is completely project based! And not just any project: it's a complete, beautiful and feature-rich application, containing both a RESTful API and a server-side rendered website. It's the most fantastic and complete project that you will find in any Node.js course on the internet!
By building this huge project, you will learn all the skills that you need in order to plan, build and deploy your own modern back-end applications with Node.js and related technologies.
(Actually, if you feel like exploring the project, you can do so at www.natours.dev. And this is only a small part of the project! Log in with "[email protected]" and password "test1234")
After finishing this course, you will:
1) Be building you own fast, scalable and powerful Node.js RESTful APIs or web applications;
2) Truly understand how Node.js works behind the scenes;
3) Be able to work with NoSQL data and model data in real-world situations (a hugely important skill);
4) Know how modern back-end development works, and how all the different technologies fit together (hard to understand from scattered tutorials and videos);
5) Have experience in professionally-used tools and libraries like Express, Mongoose, Stripe, Sendgrid, Atlas, Compass, Git, Heroku, and many more;
6) Have built a complete application, which is a perfect starting point for your own applications in the future.
It's an absolutely full-packed, deep-dive course with over 40 hours of content!
Since this is the "Complete Node.js Bootcamp", the course is crammed with tons of different technologies, techniques, and tools, so that you walk away from the course as a complete Node.js developer.
That's why the course turned out to be over 40 hours long. But if that sound like too much for you, don't worry, there are videos or entire sections that you can safely skip.
Here is exactly what you're gonna learn:
- Fundamentals of Node.js, core modules and NPM (Node Package Manager)
- How Node.js works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, event-driven architecture, streams, modules, etc.
- Fundamentals of Express (Node.js framework): routing, middleware, sending responses, etc.
- RESTful API design and development with advanced features: filtering, sorting, aliasing, pagination
- Server-side website rendering (HTML) with Pug templates
- CRUD operations with MongoDB database locally and on the Atlas platform (in the cloud)
- Advanced MongoDB: geospatial queries, aggregation pipeline, and operators
- Fundamentals of Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver): Data models, CRUD operations, data validation, and middleware
- Advanced Mongoose features: modeling geospatial data, populates, virtual populates, indexes, etc.
- Using the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases
- Advanced data modelling: relationships between data, embedding, referencing, and more
- Complete modern authentication with JWT: user sign up, log in, password reset, secure cookies, etc.
- Authorization (user roles)
- Security: best practices, encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Accepting credit card payments with Stripe: Complete integration on the back-end and front-end
- Uploading files and image processing
- Sending emails with Mailtrap and Sendgrid
- Advanced error handling workflows
- Deploying Node.js application to production with Heroku
- Git and GitHub crash course
- And so much more!
Why should you learn Node.js and take this course?
If you want to learn Node.js and modern back-end development, then there is no doubt that this course is for you!
It's the biggest Node.js course on the internet, it has by far the most complete course project, and offers the most in-depth explanations of all topics included.
And even if you already know some Node.js, you should still take this course, because it contains subjects that are not covered anywhere else, or not in the same depth!
But maybe you're not yet convinced that Node.js really is the right technology for you to learn right now?
Plus, popularity and opportunities for Node.js are off the charts. It's a modern, proven and reliable technology, used by tech giants (and 6-figure-salary-paying-companies) like Netflix, PayPal, Uber, and many more.
Node.js really is what you should invest your time in, instead of outdated technology like PHP.
And I created this course to help you do exactly that! It really is the course I wish I had when I was first learning back-end development with Node.js and all related technologies.
And this is what you get by signing up today:
- Lifetime access to 40+ hours of HD quality videos. No monthly subscription. Learn at your own pace, whenever you want;
- All videos are downloadable. Learn wherever you want, even without an internet connection!
- Friendly and fast support in the course Q&A whenever you have questions or get stuck;
- English closed captions (not the auto-generated ones provided by Udemy);
- Course slides in PDF format;
- Downloadable assets, starter code and final code for each section;
- Lots of small challenges are included in the videos so you can track your progress.
And now, I hope to welcome you as a new student in my course! So click that "Enroll" button right now, and join me in this adventure today!
But if you're not 100% sure yet, just go ahead and watch the promo video to take a look at
Hi, I'm Jonas! I have been identified as one of Udemy's Top Instructors and all my premium courses have recently earned the best-selling status for outstanding performance and student satisfaction.
I'm a full-stack web developer and designer with a passion for building beautiful things from scratch. I've been building websites and apps since 2007 and also have a Master's degree in Engineering.
It was in college where I first discovered my passion for teaching and helping others by sharing all I knew. And that passion brought me to Udemy in 2015, where my students love the fact that I take the time to explain important concepts in a way that everyone can easily understand.
Do you want to learn how to build awesome websites with advanced HTML and CSS?
Or maybe you want to build modern and fast back-end applications with Node.js?
Then don't waste your time with random tutorials or incomplete videos. All my courses are easy-to-follow, all-in-one packages that will take your skills to the next level.
These courses are exactly the courses I wish I had when I was first getting into web development!
So see for yourself, enroll in one of my courses (or all of them :D) and join my 500,000+ happy students today.