25 Best + Free Node.js Courses & Certificates 
- 1. Introduction to NodeJS [edX] - Best Free Course
- 2. NodeSchool Workshoppers [NodeSchool] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Node.js Crash Course [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. Getting Started with Node.js - Full Tutorial [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 5. Rithm School Node and Express.js Fundamentals [Rithm School] - Best Text Based Course
- 6. Node JS API Development for Beginners [Udemy]
- 7. Server-side Development with NodeJS [Coursera] - Best Advanced Course
- 8. Node JS Tutorial for Beginners [YouTube]
- 9. Node.JS Video Tutorials [Node Tuts]
- 10. Build a Node.js Project from Scratch [GitBook]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Node.js Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- Udemy and Eduonix are best for practical, low cost and high quality Node.js courses.
- Coursera, Udacity and EdX are the best providers for a Node.js certificate, as many come from top Ivy League Universities.
- YouTube is best for free Node.js crash courses.
- PluralSight, SkillShare and LinkedIn are the best monthly subscription platforms if you want to take multiple Node.js courses.
- Independent Providers for Node.js courses & certificates are generally hit or miss.
1% of jobs $58,500 - $70,999
2% of jobs $71,000 - $83,499
4% of jobs $83,500 - $95,999
10% of jobs $100,500 is the 25th percentile. Salaries below this are outliers.
$96,000 - $108,499
17% of jobs $108,500 - $120,999
16% of jobs The average salary is $123,266 a year
$121,000 - $133,499
15% of jobs $144,000 is the 75th percentile. Salaries above this are outliers.
$133,500 - $145,999
12% of jobs $146,000 - $158,499
9% of jobs $158,500 - $170,999
6% of jobs $171,000 - $183,500
3% of jobs
Introduction to NodeJS (2017)
- Content is truly accessible for newcomers to Node.js. Its designed to be a first look at the platform and uses application-based learning to develop skills.
- Projects focus on popular concepts like web scraping and blogging APIs.
- Course does a great job of covering Mongoose for database management.
- Course feels short for the type of material covered.
- Overview of Node.js is brief.
NodeSchool Workshoppers (2014)
- Over 40 elective courses add a robust experience that deeply cover an exhaustive list of skills and tools that aid Node.js development.
- In-person workshops are potentially available to add face-to-face interaction and enhance learning.
- The workshop by itself is simplistic and covers very little. Supplemental information is necessary to make the learning valuable.
- Getting started with the online workshop is clunky.
- Some workshops are not available offline, and they are not clearly marked. If youre trying to primarily work offline, these workshops will sneak up on you.
Node.js Crash Course (2019)
- All of the code is available for download, allowing users to get as deep into it as they like.
- Course does a great job of getting into the root actions and understanding to complete tasks covered in the video.
- Tutorial covers a shocking amount of ground in a short span without being overwhelming.
- Information is a bit disorganized. You may have to go through the entire tutorial multiple times to grasp some concepts.
- Content has not been updated. Newest version of Node has some subtle syntax changes that can challenge users.
- This is a content blitz. Some users will have to go back, slow down or repeat to really grasp it.
Getting Started with Node.js - Full Tutorial (2019)
- Content is extremely focused, enabling for greater clarity than peer instructional resources.
- Samer Buna is a renowned educator and mentor. His presentation is among the best.
- Course is ultimately a great resource to prime users for the vast supplemental information, making it an invaluable resource for beginners to move towards mastery of Node.js.
- Though it claims to be a full tutorial, it is really just an introduction. Mastery of Node.js is too complicated to be conveyed in a single video.
- Supplemental information is substantially more advanced than the presentation in the video.
- Works best when taken alongside additional Node.js introductions.
Rithm School Node and Express.js Fundamentals (2017)
- One of the most honest courses, this really does serve as a genuine introduction to Node concepts.
- Course does a great job of combining Node and Express lessons for a more complete look at building server-side applications.
- As an introductory course, the lessons stay light. Fast learners will itch for more information and move to more advanced courses quickly.
- Udemy version of Rithm School's same course offers more resources and information.
- Even though course is built around hand-on experience, it does a substandard job of empowering students to complete an original project of their own design.
Node JS API Development for Beginners (2021)
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Server-side Development with NodeJS (2016)
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Node JS Tutorial for Beginners (2016)
Overall Score : 100 / 100
Node.JS Video Tutorials (2010)
Overall Score : 99 / 100
Build a Node.js Project from Scratch (2014)
Overall Score : 99 / 100
Node JS: Advanced Concepts (2021)
What You'll Learn
- Absolutely master the Event Loop and understand each of its stages
- Utilize Worker Threads and Clustering to dramatically improve the performance of Node servers
- Speed up database queries with caching for MongoDB backed by Redis
- Add automated browser testing to your Node server, complete with continuous integration pipeline setup
- Apply scalable image and file upload to your app, utilizing AWS S3