Rithm School offers this free course on Node and Express. It focuses on the basics to empower users to create built-in modules and build and deploy their own applications. It is broken into 13 sections that take a combined 8 hours to complete. As is the Rithm School way, the course heavily emphasizes practical application to ensure that students can thrive on their own upon completion.
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Core Node modules
- Express Router and Middleware
- Postgres and Node
Course Depth & Coverage
Overall Score : 0 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
node js Awards Best Text Based Course
Welcome to Rithm's free Node and Express.js fundamentals prep course! The material here will guide you through the basics of Node and Express. You'll learn how Node.js works, how to create and use built-in modules, and you'll build server-side applications using Express. You'll learn to store data in Postgres, use SQL for additional functionality, and deploy your applications to Heroku! By the end of the course, you'll be able to build simple Node and Express applications backed with a Postgres database.When you're ready, get started with Introduction to Node. Were around to help you if you get stuck, so be sure to reach out with any questions you might have. Good Luck!
- One of the most honest courses, this really does serve as a genuine introduction to Node concepts.
- Course does a great job of combining Node and Express lessons for a more complete look at building server-side applications.
- As an introductory course, the lessons stay light. Fast learners will itch for more information and move to more advanced courses quickly.
- Udemy version of Rithm School's same course offers more resources and information.
- Even though course is built around hand-on experience, it does a substandard job of empowering students to complete an original project of their own design.