172 Best + Free Photoshop Courses & Certification [UPDATED]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Photoshop Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Fundamentals of Graphic Design [Coursera] - Best Free Course
- 2. Learn Designing Using Adobe Photoshop from Scratch [Eduonix] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 Crash Course for Absolute Beginners [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. 30 Days of Photoshop! [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 5. Introduction to Graphic Illustration [Kadenze] - Best Free Course
- 6. Portrait Retouching In Photoshop [Fiverr]
- 7. Mobile App Design in Photoshop From Scratch: Design Uber App [Udemy]
- 8. Mastering Adobe Photoshop CC [Udemy]
- 9. Learn Adobe CC - For Beginners [Udemy]
- 10. Removing Anything In Photoshop [Fiverr]
Ultimate Photoshop Training: From Beginner to Pro (2019)
- All content is available on web, mobile and TV, making it extremely accessible and convenient.
- Over 13,000 students have completed the course, verifying that it is manageable for a wide range of learners.
- No prerequisites are necessary. This is a great place to start learning Photoshop.
- Though the course does cover advanced material, veteran Photoshop users will be frustrated by the introductory half of the course.
- Class cost does not include a license of Photoshop. Budget accordingly.
- Class covers a large list of topics, but at the cost of going as deep as it could into individual tools and concepts.
Fundamentals of Graphic Design (2015)
- Course is great as a first-time introduction to the core concepts of graphic design.
- No prerequisites are necessary. This is a good course for exploring whether or not a cursory interest in graphic design could bloom into something more.
- Amazing opportunity for professionals peripherally attached to graphic design to learn more about the field of study.
- This course does not teach intricate software skills. You will not master Photoshop and similar software here.
- Not a practical skills course at all. Focus is almost entirely on design concepts rather than applications of those concepts.
- Course if for people interested in graphic design rather than invested in it.
Learn Designing Using Adobe Photoshop from Scratch (2015)
- Absolutely no prerequisites necessary. First-timers are welcome here.
- Course spreads knowledge over 35 lectures, making information easier to digest and assimilate in practice.
- Course provides a certificate of completion that can boost hireability.
- Course does not include any copy of Photoshop, which can be an expensive add on for those who dont already have access.
- Course does not cover design philosophy and core concepts in depth. It focuses primarily on software tools, rather than how to design in general.
- Course advertises that it will transform students into professional graphic designers. In reality it will teach competency in Photoshop, nothing more.
Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 Crash Course for Absolute Beginners (2019)
- Course includes downloadable assets that provide a hands-on learning experience to complement the video instruction.
- Course teaches by taking students through the process of creating a real, professional poster that will be used to advertise a music video.
- Course is easy to handle, totaling only an hour and a half of instruction and practice.
- Tutorial is not broken into specific lessons, chapters or entries. There are no pre-rendered timestamps. Going back to repeat specific information can be tiresome.
- Building the tutorial around a specific project narrows the scope of tools and applications that are explored in the tutorial.
- Course relies heavily on social media communication for any community or direct interaction with the instructor.
30 Days of Photoshop! (2020)
- The lessons are concise, making it easy to split the program into the recommended 30 days or continue at your own pace.
- Progressive learning techniques help students to build on previous knowledge. This allows the tutorial to teach graphic design just as well as it teaches Photoshop.
- Active community of Photoshop newbies helps foster exuberance and overall learning.
- Content largely sticks to the basics. Photoshop veterans looking to expand their knowledge should look elsewhere.
- Following the daily schedule reduces the chances of finishing the series. 30 days is a long commitment.
- Tutorial largely skips 3rd-party plug-ins.
Introduction to Graphic Illustration (2015)
- Class is centered around a final project to ensure students develop the practical skills necessary to succeed in graphic illustration.
- Course can be taken for fun, for a certificate or for college credit.
- Course does a great job of teaching what makes a good illustration just as much as the mechanics of crafting the illustration.
- Considering it is a college course, the lack of instructor participation is alarming. This is largely a self-study course.
- Despite being an introductory course, it assumes proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Course does not provide supplemental information for utilizing the tools covered in the material.