The Best Courses to Learn AWS in 2020
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best AWS Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. AWS Fundamentals: Building Serverless Applications [Coursera] - Best Free Course
- 2. AWS Tutorial for Beginners [YouTube]
- 3. AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native [Coursera] - Best Crash Course
- 4. Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2020 [Udemy] - Best Paid Course
- 5. AWS Tutorial For Beginners | AWS Full Course - Learn AWS In 10 Hours | AWS Training | Edureka [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 6. AWS Tutorial [Javatpoint] - Best Text Based Course
- 7. AWS Developer: Deploying on AWS [edX] - Best Advanced Course
- 8. AWS Developer: Building on AWS [edX]
- 9. Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition [Manning Publications]
- 10. AWS Developer: Optimizing on AWS [edX]
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate 2020 (2020)
- Roughly 80 percent of students who take this course pass their certification test.
- Information in the course thoroughly covers exam materials.
- Instructor knowledge is impressive. Clearly this is someone who has been successfully guiding people through certification for years.
- Overemphasizes memorizing test material. Does not teach AWS from a developer standpoint.
- Practice exams are more valuable than the videos for test prep. Videos do not cover the same materials as the practice exams.
- Video pace is too fast and shallow.
AWS Fundamentals: Building Serverless Applications (2019)
- Course is taught by the best AWS experts in the world.
- The hands-on learning is efficient and effective.
- Covers deep topics but is still accessible to beginners.
- Its a rare problem for a computer science course to overemphasize practical skills and undervalue theory, but here we are.
- Course is too short for the complex topics covered.
- Course has multiple instructors which can lead to an uneven learning experience.
AWS Tutorial for Beginners (2018)
- Course is an incredibly thorough introduction to AWS. No topics are missed.
- Instructor is still active and responsive in comments.
- Sam is an abnormally clear and effective communicator of AWS concepts.
- The title should be a dead giveaway. Instructor has some issues with organization.
- Having more than 80 lessons with some being many being shorter than 10 minutes is not an efficient way to present this information.
- Course has not been updated since 2018. Some information is out of date.
AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native (2018)
- Computer science tutorials straight from platform developers are rare and invaluable.
- Course stays focused on fundamentals and allows students a higher level of mastery in the topics covered.
- Courses this easy are rarely this informative.
- Ignores competitors to a fault.
- Course is insufficient on its own. It needs the rest of the series to really teach AWS development.
- Course is too short to be thorough.