11 Best + Free Digital Marketing Courses & Certification [UPDATED]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Digital Marketing Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Marketing in a Digital World [Coursera] - Best Free Course
- 2. Inbound Marketing [HubSpot Academy] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Digital Marketing Tutorial For Beginners [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. Digital Marketing Masterclass - 23 Courses in 1 [Udemy] - Best Paid Course
- 5. FREE Digital Marketing Course [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 6. The Beginner's Guide to SEO [Moz] - Best Text Based Course
- 7. Advanced Google Analytics [Google] - Best Advanced Course
- 8. Become a Digital Marketer [Udacity]
- 9. Online Marketing Foundations [LinkedIn Learning]
- 10. Introduction to Social Media Advertising - Learn with Buffer [Skillshare]
The Complete Digital Marketing Course - 12 Courses in 1 (2019)
- Course emphasizes a variety of careers that can use the information from self-employment to high-end corporate marketing.
- Course hits the sweet spot of not being impossibly long and not too short to be useful.
- Supplemental information supplies substantial hands-on resources for mastering marketing tools.
- Course combines a lot of information. Transitions are not always easy to follow.
- While the course is updated, some old information slips through the cracks.
- Course lacks a written transcript of lectures which can be a barrier for some students.
Marketing in a Digital World (2017)
- Most recent update (at the time of this review) was April 2020, making it ultra-recent.
- Course is part of an MBA program.
- Course takes classic product marketing concepts and transforms them into digital marketing strategies.
- Course is part one of seven. Completing the series is expensive and cumbersome.
- Course will need perpetual updates to stay relevant. Always check the latest version before committing.
- Use of older concepts can sometimes feel dated.
Inbound Marketing (2016)
- The core tactics of inbound marketing fill gaps and modernize concepts that are lacking in competitive courses.
- Overall course length is extremely accessible without skimping on information.
- Teaches holistic strategy that works in concert with sales and other departments.
- Hubspot certifications have mixed value. Some employers care. Others dont.
- Content is extremely dry, especially considering marketing is supposed to be appealing.
- Certificate comes easily and may feel unearned.
Digital Marketing Tutorial For Beginners (2019)
- It is short and sweet. At 1 hour and 17 minutes, its hard to find a shorter professional tutorial that is worth completing.
- Simplilearn offers a host of supplemental resources that expand learning considerably.
- With supplemental resources, students can gain proficiency in many marketing execution tools.
- At 1 hour and 17 minutes, tutorial leaves a lot of information uncovered.
- Video pace is slow.
- Video has a short garbled section near the 9:30 mark.