Boost your Node, Express, SQL, PostgreSQL and Backend Development Skills! NodeJS, Databases, Express, JS, ES6, + more!
Created by: David Joseph Katz
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Build full Node and PostgreSQL applications.
- Discuss the backend Web Development with fellow software engineers.
- Apply various web requests to their custom backend applications.
- Use and build Node middleware, for error handling as well as parsing incoming data.
- Use advanced es6 concepts to write more concise code.
- Extend Node applications with third-party libraries.
- Have an understanding of the Node event loop.
Overall Score : 84 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
In this project-based course, you'll learn how to build Node, SQL, and PostgreSQL applications by building three full projects. You'll discover some techniques widely used in the industry today. And you'll find out how to use notable libraries like Express and Pg.
You will skyrocket to the top of the talent pool because you can build backend web applications. The backend is the heart of services and products. So knowing how to write the backend is the other highly crucial skill looked for by top software companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and more.
In this course, you'll get familiar with Node by building an application from the start. First, you'll learn how to use the native Node modules to build a server.
Second, you'll build a more in-depth application with Node and Express to learn how to a build an api with a complete set of http request methods.
Next, you'll dive into SQL and PostgreSQL to build a solid foundation around these tools. After, you'll build an api that combines all the previous concepts with Node and PostgreSQL so that you understand how to create Node apps that work with advanced databases.
Ready to step up your coding game? Excited to boost your skills? Then what you are waiting for? Let's get started coding!Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to create Node and PostgreSQL applications.
- A developer who wants to refine their backend skills.
David is a software engineer at Zendesk, with a Bachelor of Computer Science from the University of San Francisco.
David has gained valuable experience from the tech industry. By incorporating the best practices he has learned at work, he hopes to create the highest quality learning experiences possible.
Feel free to connect with David! He is always curious about the cool project you're working on. And he loves to discuss ideas on how to build impactful technology.