The Best Courses to Learn PHP in 2020
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best PHP Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Building Web Applications in PHP [Coursera] - Best Free Course
- 2. The PHP Practitioner [Laracasts] - Best Practical Course
- 3. PHP Programming [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. PHP Tutorial for Absolute Beginners - PHP Course 2020 [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 5. PHP: The Right Way [Leanpub] - Best Text Based Course
- 6. Advanced PHP [Lynda] - Best Advanced Course
- 7. Object Oriented PHP & MVC [Udemy]
- 8. MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications [Lynda]
- 9. PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 1 The Basics [Lynda]
- 10. PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 2 Build a CMS [Lynda]
PHP for Beginners - Become a PHP Master - CMS Project (2019)
- Query responses are on point. Staff is impressive.
- Course adequately covers some of the most marketable skills in web development.
- Course encourages the development of a portfolio project.
- In some sections, the instructor does a poor job of explaining subtle adjustments to code.
- Some sections are becoming dated.
- Course feels redundant at times.
Building Web Applications in PHP (2017)
- This broad introduction will help students develop familiarity with the bulk of what goes into web applications.
- Assignments are structured in such a way that students can develop them into professional projects.
- Course strikes a good balance between practical examples and the nuts and bolts theory of how it all works.
- Post-submission editing doesnt exist, even though it would help students build better examples for their own reference.
- Course borders on being too shallow for practical use.
- Some assignments are too easy and do not foster good learning.
The PHP Practitioner (2016)
- The introduction really takes students by the hand and leaves no one behind, which is important for getting a first code editor installed.
- Course masterfully works some networking fundamentals into the course, which is vital for making effective web apps.
- Even though it starts with the first step, course feels sufficiently deep to get students started with real app development.
- By starting with a framework, course creates some inevitable points of confusion as students advance their understanding of language constructs.
- Concepts regarding language fundamentals are too lightly covered.
- Ultimately students are only learning a way to create apps rather than why certain ways might be preferable.
PHP Programming (2014)
- This is one of the easiest introductions to a programming language youll ever find.
- Video gets surprisingly deep considering the light and fast approach.
- Video is ideal for students with experience in other languages transitioning to PHP.
- Video needs timestamps so students can skip to sections of interest.
- There is no support for getting PHP working, so students stuck on that part will not benefit much from the course.
- Fast nature of the video means that first-time coders are going to miss important nuance and details.
PHP Tutorial for Absolute Beginners - PHP Course 2020 (2020)
PHP: The Right Way (2016)
Advanced PHP (2016)
Learn how to establish consistency, solve problems, and prevent your applications from crashing by applying the techniques Justin shares in this course. Take your object-oriented programming beyond basic attributes and methods into using constructors, deconstructors, and singletons. Build nested exceptions, use type hints, and explore additional ways you can craft more flexible software using PHP.