Unity 3D Game Kit Introduction - Make Games Without Coding (Udemy.com)
Learn the tools to design and build a video game level. No programming needed. Great way to learn the Unity Engine.
Created by: Rick Davidson
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Unity 3D Game Kit - a powerful tool that requires no programming
- How to build an action adventure level with triggers that open doors, moving platforms, enemies, hazards, and more
- How to use the Unity engine, including understanding the relationship between the hierarchy, game assets and inspector
- How to build a level from scratch with a handful of useful level design strategies
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course is an introduction course. It is intended to be just a couple of hours in length and get you up and running as efficiently as possible.
This course is taught using Unity 2019.1 and is backwards compatible to Unity 2018.3 and later.
This Unity 3D Game Kit from comes cram packed with beautiful graphics, easy-to-use design tools and plenty of creative freedom to flex your level designer muscles. Its a perfect place to learn Unity without needing to wrestle with learning a programming language. Its perfect for someone interested in being a game designer or level designer without needing to worry about building an entire game in order to create fun designs.
The output from this course will be your very own fully-functioning death star... oh wait... fully-functioning action adventure level (even cooler). You'll learn how to implement the following (without needing to do any coding, did we mention that?)...
- Create beautiful and interesting environments using the huge pack of assets that come with the Game Kit
- Add platforms, moving platforms, doors, keys / locks and other building blocks necessary for making an interesting level
- Add and tuning enemies for the player to battle
- Add hazards and traps that can harm the player
- And, of course, lots more
And mixed in will be a sprinkling of game design and level design best practices. The end result will be your very own action adventure level, complete with challenges, obstacles and enemies.
This course is brought to you by the GameDev-tv team, creators of the world's most popular online Unity course. By purchasing this course you will have full access to the GameDev-tv community support forum, discord chat server and regular live community events.Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer
- Level designers looking for a powerful tool to build levels
- Experienced developers looking for a quick way to learn the unity interface
- Young folks, old folks, any folks who are interested in game development
- 4.7 Rating
- 93 Reviews
Rick Davidson has been making video games for a living for more than 14 years as a Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. He founded an Indie game studio, Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. He has worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as "GardenMind" which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the social / mobile category).
As a qualified Career Coach, Rick has helped thousands of people achieve their dream of making games for a living - both as Indie Game Developers and as valuable game industry employees.GameDev tv was created by best-selling Udemy instructor Ben Tristem to help anyone learn how to develop, design, and sell indie games. Our team supports Ben in making and maintaining high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for our students.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal and coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Visit our community page and let us know.