Write PHP Like a Pro: Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch (Udemy.com)
Learn to write faster, easier to maintain, more secure PHP websites by using a model-view-controller framework
Created by: Dave Hollingworth
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Separate application code from presentation code
- Organise your PHP code into models, views and controllers in an MVC framework
- Use namespaces and an autoloader to load PHP classes automatically
- Use the Composer tool to manage third-party package dependencies and autoloading
- Handle errors and exceptions in PHP and display more or less error detail based on the environment
- Understand how MVC frameworks work, making it easier to learn an existing framework like Laravel or CodeIgniter
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Learn toStructure your PHP Code Like a Professional by Building a PHP MVCFramework from Scratch.
- Model-view-controller(MVC) pattern concepts
- Build an MVCframework in PHP from scratch
- Separateapplication code from presentation code
- Use namespacesand an autoloader to load classes automatically
Take your PHPProjects to the Next Level
Learning how to usean MVC framework puts a very powerful tool at your fingertips. Mostcommercial websites and web applications written in PHP use some sortof framework, and the MVC pattern is the most popular type offramework in use.
The gap betweenknowing PHP and using a framework can be huge. This course bridgesthat gap. By writing your own framework from scratch, you'll gain anunderstanding of just how each component works. Frameworks likeLaravel, Symfony and CodeIgniter all use the MVC pattern, sounderstanding how an MVC framework is put together will give you astrong background to more easily learn frameworks such as these.
I designed thiscourse to be easily understood by programmers who know PHP but don'tknow how to use a framework. Are you putting database code and HTMLin the same PHP script? Want to know why this is a bad idea? Want toknow how to do it better?
Starting with thebasic concepts of MVC frameworks, this course will take you throughall the steps needed to build a complete MVC framework, a piece at atime.
Beginning with asingle PHP script, each lecture explains what you're going to add tothe code and why, building up the framework step by step. At the endof this course, you'll have built a complete MVC framework in PHP,ready to use in your own projects.
Complete withworking source code at every stage, you'll be able to work alongside the instructorand will receive a verifiable certificate of completion uponfinishing the course.
Who this course is for:
- This PHP MVC course is meant for those who already know PHP but want to know how they can improve their code by using a framework. This course is not for you if you don't already know PHP.
- The gap between learning PHP and using a framework can be large - if you've just learnt PHP and you're wondering what the next step might be, this course is for you.
- 4.7 Rating
- 52 Reviews
Hi, I'm Dave Hollingworth. I'm an IT trainer and web application developer. I've been programming for over thirty years, and teaching IT since 1999.
I've developed enterprise-level applications on platforms ranging from mainframes to mobiles: from my first web application, a quotes system created for a major insurance company back in 1999 - the first of its type in the sector - to interactive learning management systems for online language learning.
I've taught courses ranging from basic use of email to advanced web application development, both online and in-person. I've been teaching on Udemy since 2012.
I'm passionate about technology, and love teaching it! I believe it's possible to explain even the most complex subjects in a simple, straightforward way that doesn't confuse the student.
I look forward to welcoming you onto one of my courses!