Learn the professionals approach to photo sharpening and noise reduction in Adobe Lightroom.
Created by: Robin Whalley
Produced in 2016
What you will learn
- Produce well sharpened photographs ready for screen or print viewing.
- Evaluate photographs to produce an appropriate sharpening and noise reduction strategy.
- Identify sharpening and noise reduction problems as well as understand how to avoid these.
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Typically, people fall into one of two categories:
- They accept the detail settings in the Detail panel, or
- They push a few of the sliders around, not really understanding how the software was designed to work
Did you know the sharpening and noise reduction routines in Lightroom were designed around a professional workflow? If you don't understand this workflow you won't fully master the tools. In this course, I share this simple workflow together with the essential foundations of sharpening and noise reduction. Once you understand a few simple points you will be well prepared to learn about the different tools. You will understand how you should use them but most importantly when and to what levels.
The course is designed around a practical, example image which is provided for you to download. The intention is for you follow the videos, using the same image and then compare your results with my finished image (also provided). There is then a second full length example with which to practice. At the end of the course you will have an advanced level of knowledge, required to sharpen and apply noise reduction to photography.
The course is intended to for the intermediate level photographer who is comfortable importing and processing images in Lightroom.Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for photography enthusiasts who wish to develop the quality of their work by applying a professional approach to sharpening and noise reduction.
Robin Whalley is a Landscape Photographer based in the UK. His photographer and writing have been widely published and his books can be found on Amazon. He is an experienced trainer having delivered courses for different organisations over the past 20 years. Robin prides himself on his ability to take complex subjects and break these into understandable chunks for students. His objective is to help you achieve great results, fast and enjoy the journey of learning.