What you will learn
- Apply modern software design patterns utilizing the Go language
- Take a deep dive into Go's master topics like advanced concurrency patterns, and the flexible reflection capabilities
- Write unit tests and benchmarks for your Go code
- Create advanced backend microservices for the Hydra spaceship software and design an end to end chat system
- Handle JSON, XML, and CSV data formats in your code
- Interact with Mongodb, MySQL and BoltDB
- Build powerful communications layer for your microservices using protocol buffers, TCP, and UDP
- Develop powerful web applications and Restful APIs utilizing http requests, forms, and cookies
- Design beautiful dynamic UI for the hydra software utilizing Go templates and websockets
- Secure your applications with certificates, https, and secure web sockets
Overall Score : 84 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This video course not only gives you a deep insight into thefundamental mechanics behind the language, but also covers extensivepractical topics on Go for modern software architectures. It shows youhow to write Go in an intelligent, idiomatic way. After a briefre-acquaintance with the key building blocks of Go, we will also explorehow we can build upon the unique capabilities of the language to writeeffective, powerful code you can employ to develop software. We look atpackages, object-oriented programming, concurrency and reflection amongother things. Moreover, you will learn about Go's awesome built-intesting support feature. Along the way, build your skills in Filehandling techniques, Go packages for databases, data serializationapproaches, message communications between Go services, and Go webapplications. Get your hands on with a plenty of illustrative codesamples, exercises and real-world scenarios that will help you buildyour own application.
By the end of this course, you will be taught how to put thisenhanced knowledge to build a real-world Spaceship application all byyourself with amazing features.
About The Author
Mina Andrawos is an experienced Engineer who has developeddeep experience in Go from using it personally and professionally. Heregularly authors articles and tutorials about the language, and alsoshares Go's open source projects. He has written numerous Goapplications with varying degrees of complexity. He is also the authorof an upcoming course for Packt called "Go in Production".
Other than Go, he has skills in C#, Java, Python, and C++. He hasworked with various databases and software architectures and has skillswith the agile methodology in software development. Besides softwaredevelopment; he has working experience of scrum mastering, salesengineering, and software product management.
Who this course is for:
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.