Learn Golang in a Unique and Interactive Way. Become a Professional Go Programmer from Scratch. Go from Zero to Hero!
Created by: Andrei Dumitrescu
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Become a professional Go Programmer and get hired.
- You will MASTER all the Go key concepts starting from Scratch. No prior Go knowledge is required.
- For each Go Key Concept you'll get an High-Quality Video, a Coding Section, a Quiz, Practice Exercises and Slides.
- Build a COMPLETE understanding of Go from the ground. Write idiomatic, bug-free Go code using best practices.
- Learn to work with Go control flow structures: if, for, break, continue, switch, goto, labels etc.
- Master all the Go data structures in-depth: arrays, slices, strings, maps, structs.
- Learn to work efficiently with Pointers.
- Learn to work efficiently with Files.
- Master the full power of Methods and Interfaces (Go OOP).
- Understand Go concurrency in-depth: WaitGroups, Mutexes, Buffered and Unbuffered Channels, Select Statement and Patterns.
- Build massively concurrent programs with Goroutines and Channels.
- Hundreds of hands-on e
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
I am constantly updating the course to be the most comprehensive, yet straight-forward, Go Programming course on the market!
- Update: November, 2019 - NEW Section: Concurrency in Go (2 hours of videos, coding sections, a Project and Quizzes)
- Closed and Exclusive FB Learning Group Created: October 30, 2019
- Course Launch: October 29, 2019
This is a brand new Go Programming course just launched in October 2019 and is a perfect match for both beginners and experienced developers!
Welcome to this practical Go Programming course for learning Go, the language created to solve "Google-size" problems.
Go (Golang) will be one of the most in-demand programming languages across the job market in the near future! Go is on a Trajectory to Become the Next Enterprise Programming Language. Cutting-Edge Technologies and Software are already written in Go, for example Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or Ethereum. In addition to Google, Golang is used by Uber, Netflix, Medium, Pinterest, Slack, SoundCloud, Dropbox and so many more!
By enrolling in this course now, you make the best investment in your career!
This course, taught by me, a Senior Software Engineer and Professional Trainer, is the only one you need in order to become a complete professional Go Programmer. After this course you'll have an in-depth knowledge of core and advanced Go.
Why this Go Programming course?
This Go (Golang) course is a unique experience on Udemy. There are many other Go courses you can choose from, but this course is completely different.
For every Go language key concept, you'll get NOT ONLY a video but also:
1. Tens of Quizzes
2. Practice Exercises and Challenges
3. Coding Section Full of Examples
4. Slides with main points
5. You'll have access to my closed and exclusive online Group in order to provide you with improved, faster and better support for your course-related questions. I am always available to guide you personally, and answer any questions you might have.
Why should you learn from me?
- I'm a Practitioner and an Enthusiast. Welcome to the real world! I have almost 20 years experience as a Developer and Sysadmin. Since I've started with Programming and Networking in the early 2000s, I've been using or studying the technology almost on a daily basis. I also have a bunch of certifications in the area of Programming or Networking.
- I'm an Educator and I know how to make a Syllabus. I know exactly what is important and what is not. For the last 10 years I've trained thousands of people on Programming and Networking
- You'll learn not only Go Programming, but also advanced concepts for real-word projects. After this course you'll MASTER all the Golang key concepts.
You'll have lifetime access and you can return and look for a specific concept anytime you want. And let's not forget, if you don't like the course, you are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!
The topics covered in this Complete Go (Golang) Programming Bootcamp are:
- Installing Go, Git and VSCode on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Compiling and Running Go Programs
- Using Go tools like go fmt to format and write idiomatic Go code
- GOPATH and Go Application Structure
- Declarations, Variables, Constants and Comments in Go
- Constant Rules, Typed vs. Untyped Constans, IOTA
- Math, Comparison and Logical Operators
- Go Data Types in Depth, Zero Values, Dynamically vs. Statically Typed Languages
- Converting Types
- fmt Package: Println, Printf, Sprintf etc
- Named (Defined) Types in Go
- Alias Declarations
- Flow Control: if, simple if statement, for, continue, break, switch, labels, goto
- Scopes in Go
- Strings, Runes, Bytes and UTF-8 in Go
- strings Package
- Arrays in Go
- Slices in Go
- Maps in Go
- Structs in Go
- User-defined Functions, Variadic and Anonymous Functions, Defer Statement
- Working with Files in Go: os, io, ioutil, bufio packages
- Error Handling
- Pointers In Depth: Dereferencing and Address of Operators, Passing to Functions and Methods etc
- Methods (Function Receivers) and Interfaces (Go OOP): Embedded Interfaces, Empty Interface, Type Assertions and Type Switches etc
- Concurrency in Go
- Goroutine Synchronization Using WaitGroups
- Data Races, Go Race Detector and Mutexes
- Goroutines and Channels
- Buffered and Unbuffered Channels
- Channel Select Statement
- Course Bonuses
At the end of this Go Programming Course, you'll also have acquired the prerequisite Go skills to move into specific branches: Network and Server Programming, Cloud and Infrastructure Programming, Large-Scale Software Development in general.
If you want to take ONE COURSE to master Go (Golang) Programming you should choose this one and you'll have no regrets!Who this course is for:
- Beginners with very basic programming experience.
- Programmers switching languages to Go.
- Programmers who know Go basics and want to master Golang.
- This course should not be attended by senior Go programmers.
I've been a System Administrator and Full Stack Developer for over 15 years, the typical profile of a DevOps Engineer.
I've cofounded Crystal Mind Academy, a Cisco Academy and professional training center in Romania, that focuses on teaching cutting-edge technologies to students.
I have contributed to education in areas of programming, information security and operating systems. During the last 12 years more that 10,000 thousand students have participated in-person or online training programs at Crystal Mind Academy.
I have developed documentation, labs and case studies for many training programs such as Cisco CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, Linux Administration, Information Security, Python Programming, Network Automation with Python or Blockchain Programming (Ethereum/Solidity) which have been successfully attended by thousands during years.
When I'm not working, I crossfit, read a good book, enjoy a good time or travel with my wife and children.The Academy's goal is to teach hundreds of thousands of people cutting-edge technologies in the fields of Programming and Networking.
Our philosophy is that courses should be taught by real professionals with substantial experience in the industry, who are also great teachers.
Courses are provided by Andrei Dumitrescu, a software engineer with over 15 years experience in the industry and in teaching offline and online course.