What you will learn
- New C# features, delivered in C# 8: switch Expression, Recursive Pattern Matching, Nullable Reference Types, using Declaration, Ranges and Indices, Asynchronous Streams and async foreach
Overall Score : 80 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- switch Expression - a very nice shorthand for switch, combined with pattern matching it has capacity to supplant ternary operator, many ifs, and switch statements.
- Recursive Pattern Matching is a new powerful technique that can eliminate a lot of code.
- Nullable Reference Types - just an amazing improvement. C# programmers suffer years from null reference exceptions and finally there is a helping hand from developers of C# compiler.
- using Declaration - simple, but nice improvement.
- Ranges and Indices - definitely useful, but have some pitfalls, I will explain them in details in the corresponding module.
- Asynchronous Streams and async foreach - asynchronous enumerables.
* This course is based on the .NET Core 3.0 Preview 3. It might be changed when the .NET Core 3 gets released.Who this course is for:
- Software developers, interested in using new features of C# 8
Alex has more than 20 years of practical experience as a professional software developer. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in solving software-related problems. He is converting the gained experience into courses that help others improve software development and programming skills. He holds a degree in computer science and lives in London.