30 Best + Free C# Courses & Certification [UPDATED]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best C# Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- Udemy and Eduonix are best for practical, low cost and high quality C# courses.
- Coursera, Udacity and EdX are the best providers for a C# certificate, as many come from top Ivy League Universities.
- YouTube is best for free C# crash courses.
- PluralSight, SkillShare and LinkedIn are the best monthly subscription platforms if you want to take multiple C# courses.
- Independent Providers for C# courses & certificates are generally hit or miss.
18% of jobs $33,500 is the 25th percentile. Salaries below this are outliers.
$31,500 - $42,999
26% of jobs $43,000 - $54,499
11% of jobs $54,500 - $65,999
6% of jobs The average salary is $68,146 a year
$66,000 - $77,499
4% of jobs $77,500 - $88,999
5% of jobs $100,000 is the 75th percentile. Salaries above this are outliers.
$89,000 - $100,499
7% of jobs $100,500 - $111,999
7% of jobs $112,000 - $123,499
5% of jobs $123,500 - $134,999
4% of jobs $135,000 - $146,500
3% of jobs
- 1. C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners [Channel 9] - Best Course Overall
- 2. Foundation in C#: Getting Started [iamtimcorey]
- 3. C# Tutorial for Beginners [YouTube] - Best YouTube Tutorial
- 4. Introduction to C# [edX]
- 5. C# Programming Tutorials: Beginners [YouTube]
- 6. Introduction to C# Programming and Unity [Coursera] - Best Course Overall
- 7. Object Oriented Programming in C# [edX]
- 8. C# in Depth, Fourth Edition [Manning Publications]
- 9. C# Tutorial [YouTube]
- 10. C# Programming Tutorial [YouTube]
C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners (2014)
- Series covers surprisingly deep concepts without abandoning true beginners.
- Course does a good job preparing students for real trials in coding.
- Course stays focused on video games and mobile apps to keep lessons grounded.
- There is no interaction with the instructor. Students who get stuck will have to find additional resources.
- Course is woefully under review. Few firsthand accounts can help new students prepare their expectations.
Foundation in C#: Getting Started (2018)
- Course offers a money back guarantee.
- Course does not delve into challenging topics that would frighten beginners.
- Tim Corey is a widely respected educator in many computer science subtopics.
- Course does not push beyond introductory level ideas.
- Course is pretty bare bones. Despite the ongoing learning resources, there is little to aid a student who has a hard time with any particular idea.
C# Tutorial for Beginners (2012)
- This is the one-stop tutorial. It covers everything.
- Thankfully, its on YouTube. If you get stuck somewhere, you can go back as many times as you need.
- Even as concepts drift into complicated waters, it is still geared for beginners from start to finish.
- Its hard to find an introductory tutorial with more information. It can feel overwhelming.
- While this starts at the very beginning, it gets way past introductory concepts before you're done.
- With so many videos, you're looking at a chunk of hours to complete everything. Only the dedicated will finish.
Introduction to C# (2017)
- It's very beginner friendly. It starts with the absolute basics.
- It's designed by Microsoft, lending to practical applications.
- It's a Microsoft course, so the certificate will cost extra.
- Course is extremely theoretical, but being for beginners, does not delve deeply into said theory.
- Experienced students will find the course too easy.
C# Programming Tutorials: Beginners (2016)
- It gets the YouTube pros of being free and widely accessible. You can review it as many times as you like and never be charged.
- Tutorial does an amazing job of helping beginners start to think like a seasoned programmer.
- There is sufficient information to get well past the beginning stages of working with C#.
- While aimed at beginners, course does make frustrating assumptions of prior knowledge and experience.
- Interaction with the instructor is sparse, and the YouTube community is not the most effective in helping with collective learning.
Introduction to C# Programming and Unity (2018)
- The course is free and very beginner friendly. Anyone who has dreamed of developing a video game can start here.
- By focusing on a fun project, the course helps students stay enthusiastic as they begin a journey deep into computer programming and game development.
- Course does a great job of whetting appetites and priming students for further learning.
- The course does not stand alone. It is only an introduction to the 5-course series and will not teach enough by itself.
- Course brushes up against math and traditional coding. While neither are prerequisites, students with absolutely no background in either will have a harder time.
- Acquiring C# console and Unity can prove prohibitive to students who are unprepared.
Object Oriented Programming in C# (2017)
Overall Score : 92 / 100
C# in Depth, Fourth Edition (2019)
Overall Score : 92 / 100
C# Tutorial (2017)
Overall Score : 92 / 100
C# Programming Tutorial (2018)
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Programming in Microsoft C# - Exam 70-483 (2017)
What You'll Learn
- This course will help prepare you for the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-483
- Learn C# Basics
- Review the 70-483 Exam Objectives