Johns Hopkins University developed this course that is hosted by Coursera. It focuses on low-code instruction for developing AngularJS applications. It teaches students to use existing services. While some code writing is included, the primary purpose is to learn how to get around difficult coding challenges by utilizing resources that are readily available.
Created by: Yaakov Chaikin
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Filters, controller inheritance, digest cycle and custom services.
- Promises, custom directives and Ajax.
- Routing, modules, events and components.
angular Awards Best Free Course
- Course focuses on efficient development practices and arms students with real-world skills.
- Course does a great job of presenting best practices to accelerate the learning curve.
- Course is surprisingly thorough for such an accessible presentation of information.
- Course was built on an older version of Angular. While the lessons are universal, the interface and subtleties have changed with newer versions.
- Course is thorough but does not delve into advanced concepts. Non-beginners will be underwhelmed.
- Course underrepresents native JS concepts.
Yaakov is a Principal Enterprise Architect and software developer with a Columbia, Maryland consulting firm. His expertise includes involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from requirements and architecture to implementation using some of the latest technologies. His daily responsibilities include project leadership, architecture design as well as coding Web-based applications. Yaakov is an experienced instructor. He has been bringing his real-world experience as a part-time faculty at Johns Hopkins University for over 10 years, teaching Java Enterprise Edition Web Development as well as Rich Internet Applications with Ajax. He has also been hired to give presentations and teach short courses for commercial clients.
Students also recommend
42 (42 Reviews)
- Provider: freeCodeCamp
21 (21 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 4h 31m
14 (14 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 7h