What you will learn
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
Overall Score : 86 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
SQL performance tuning is an art to master - for all of us!!!
Many SQL Developers have tried to understand why a particualr SQL was running slow - including me - but have failed over and over again because we never tried to understand how SQL works? We were thinking it is database administrators Job!!!!
If we have to advance in our career and earn a good salary, we need these SQL tuning skills.
We know how it feels if someone talks about SQL Tuning and I dont want you to feel the same.
I took baby steps in introducing you to the optimizer and helping you write an effecient SQL.
This course takes a systematic approach to planning, analyzing, debugging and troubleshooting common query-related performance problems and will provide you with the skills necessary to write scalable, high performance SQL.
The SQL tuning methodology I used:
- Identify a problem SQL statement
- Determine how Oracle is executing SQL statement and why Oracle chose that way.
- Investigate whether alternative executon plans would be better.
- Update the SQL statement to push Oracle towards the better plan.
Trust me, I will catch your hand and take you step by step!!!
See you inside,
Amarnath PanyamWho this course is for:
- Database developers, DBAs and SQL developers
Amarnath has a Masters Degree in computer science with around 15 years of experience in the IT industry. He has successfully designed and implemented projects for clients in South Africa, India and USA. Currently his main focus is on Datawarehouse Architecture.
Amarnath is currently working for a fortune 500 company in USA and has pioneered the data architecture discipline. His Innovative and simple architectural designs have won accolades in the company.
Today, he brings leadership and technical expertise to enable customers to optimize and modernize their IT environments leveraging Business Intelligence tools, Big Data, social, mobile, and the Internet of Things.
Students also recommend
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Manning Publications
- Time: 4h
4.7 (6 Reviews)
- Provider: SQLBolt
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Khan Academy
- Time: 1h