The Best Courses to Learn Android Development in 2020
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Android Development Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Android Basics: User Interface [Udacity] - Best Free Course
- 2. Learn Android Application Development [Udemy] - Best Practical Course
- 3. Android Development Course - Build Native Apps with Kotlin Tutorial [YouTube] - Best Crash Course
- 4. Android Full Course - Learn Android in 9 Hours [YouTube] - Best NEW Course
- 5. Android Development Tutorials [vogella] - Best Text Based Course
- 6. Advanced Android Developer Course [Codelabs] - Best Advanced Course
- 7. 4 Android Material Design Tutorial [YouTube]
- 8. Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems: Part 1 [Coursera]
- 9. Learn Android [Why Android]
- 10. Android Tutorials [Coding in Flow]
The Complete Android N Developer Course (2019)
Android Basics: User Interface (2015)
- This is one of the easiest and friendliest introductions into programming and development you can find anywhere.
- You can try the free version of the course before you decide if you want to commit to the degree program.
- Paid add-ons are worth substantially more than most paywall-restricted learning supplements. They include mentorship, certification and career assistance.
- The free course covers virtually nothing. All of the hands-on resources and external help are part of the upcharge, not to mention certification.
- The bulk of concepts in the course hardly require a course to learn. Unless this is being taken as part of the certified master series, it is a potential waste of time.
- Allotting 2 weeks to complete such simple learning seems inefficient.
Learn Android Application Development (2018)
- This is where you can get your initial start to developing for Android. If this is your first foray, youll still be fine.
- Despite being beginner-level, the course offers considerable depth of information and skill development.
- Course does a great job of focusing on the most universal tools and lessons for app development.
- While being aimed for beginners, students with programming, and especially Java, backgrounds will have a much easier time.
- Students have mentioned frequent issues with video quality. Images can be blurred at times.
- While the course is available in multiple languages, it was designed in English. Alternative language translations can have issues.
Android Development Course - Build Native Apps with Kotlin Tutorial (2019)
- Unlike most single-video tutorials, this has a great table of contents with timestamps that allows users to jump around as they need.
- One of the best introductory overviews to Android development on the internet (the first 18 minutes of the video).
- Strong focus on best practices to help new developers avoid devastating habits.
- Tutorial crams a lot of tools and resources into a single video. Would probably be easier to understand if the information was more segmented in a video series.
- Despite the name, overall Kotlin emphasis is minimal.
- Course by itself is not enough. Students who want to succeed at Android development will need to seek out additional resources.
Android Full Course - Learn Android in 9 Hours (2019)
- One of the most exhaustive Android courses for beginners. While it covers coding techniques and tools, it also talks about breaking into a career of Android development.
- Information is extremely well-organized, especially for a single-video tutorial.
- While the single video is a full tutorial, its part of a master series by Edurkea that deeply expands app development knowledge.
- The course claims to be for professionals, but experienced developers will only benefit from a few of the lessons included.
- The 8-hour video is a 6-week practical course. Thats not the most efficient way to partition information and study.
- Course is in English but designed for developers in India. Its a strange pairing.
Android Development Tutorials (2012)
- This is a deep dive on Android programming. In terms of sheer volume of information, its hard to beat.
- Despite the vastness of information, its well-organized and easy to find what you want to learn.
- All source code is available for free. Considering the number of examples throughout the tutorials, this is a massive resource of source code.
- Even though information is presented in lessons, this is closer to a textbook series than a tutorial.
- The scale of learning available can be intimidating and overwhelming.
- There is no instructor or accessible community. Youre on your own here.