Brackeys developed this 11-part YouTube tutorial to walk beginners through the entire process of developing their own game. It is built for absolute first-timers. The entire course takes roughly an hour and a half to complete, and it will cover everything you need to know about Unity to get through your first simple game.
Created by: Asbjorn Thirslund
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Getting started with Unity.
- Unity resources: camera, collision, game mechanics.
- Score and user interface.
- Level design.
- Finalizing your game.
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Course is extremely beginner friendly. It skirts many of the frustrations that plague first projects by keeping things simple.
- Course have millions of views, suggesting that it has successfully helped many newcomers tackle their first video game development project.
- Brackeys has great energy and flow in his presentation.
- YouTube does not provide consistent interactions with the instructor.
- Tutorial does not get deep into development concepts and resources. It keeps things strictly at the beginner level.
- Tutorial only covers Unity. Other game development resources will not be found here.
Asbjorn Thirslund has years of experience with video production and social media in general. He built the Brackeys network including the Official Brackeys YouTube Channel from ground up. The network has since become one of the fastest growing tutoring networks in game development. He also writes editor extensions for the Unity engine.