Build a turn-based puzzle game with C# and Unity
Created by: Wilmer Lin
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- Build a stunning turn-based game level
- Learn proven game architecture to script logically and cleanly
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
In this course, we will:
- start with a blank Unity project and flesh out a fully working game level
- learn fundamental techniques for creating your own turn-based game with 3d assets
- create C# scripts line-by-line and learn how to architect game components cleanly and logically
- Design game board components in C#
- Use the iTween plugin to script animation
- Setup a player character to respond to keyboard input
- Script enemy behavior to challenge your players
- Design user interface components
- Use UnityEvents to manage complex gameplay behavior
- Explore Unity's Lighting system to render a game level
Learn from 60+ videos broken into small 10-15 minute lessons. Power through 11 hours of lectures and save weeks of coding to jumpstart your own Unity project!
Join the ever growing ranks of our class and see what you can build today!
Note: the course project files have been updated and you should be able to complete the course using Unity 2019.
Though the UI in the recordings is may show a slightly older version of the Editor, the completed game project runs on Unity 2019.
We recommend that you use Unity 2019.2 or higher.Who this course is for:
- Unity developers who want to build a turn-based puzzle game
- Intermediate C# developers
Wilmer Lin is a 3D and visual effects artist with over fifteen years of industry experience in film and television. He has trained tens of thousands students over the course of a decade.
Now an independent game developer and educator, Wilmer helps aspiring gamedevs learn technical art and the craft of programming, using Unity3D, Maya and Photoshop.