Learn To Code By Making a 2D Platformer in Unity (Udemy.com)
Game development made easy. Learn C# using Unity and create your very own 2D Platformer
Created by: James Doyle
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Learn C#, a modern versatile programming language.
- Understand the capabilities of 2D development in Unity.
- Develop strong and transferrable problem solving skills.
- Gain an understanding of the game development process.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course has been designed to be easily understandable to everyone, so whether you're a complete beginner, an artist looking to expand their game development range or a programmer interested in understanding game design, this course will help you gain a greater understanding of development.
At the end of this course you will have developed the ability to create such game elements as:
- A character to control
- Collectibles such as coins, extra lives & extra health
- Different types of enemies to combat
- Dangers such as Spikes, Saws & moving platforms
- User Interface with interactive menus
- Multiple levels and a level select screen
- A unique and challenging boss battle
Start learning today and let me help you become a game developer!
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Complete beginners with an interest in learning game development.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to game development.
- Anyone who wants to make their own 2D game.
- People interested in working in the game design industy.
- Please who want to create and publish their own games.
- 4.7 Rating
- 100 Reviews
Hi, I'm James. I have helped thousands of people learn how to develop their own games in Unity, and whether you're a first-time developer, or need to refresh your skills, I can help you learn to make the games you want to make.
With a bachelors degree in Computer Science and a background working in independent game development, I have been helping others to create their own games and release them on multiple platforms.
I believe in helping you learn by teaching code in context, so rather than having to memorize a bunch of stuff you've never seen before, you learn how each coding concept can be applied to real working problems in your games.
I can't wait to help you learn all about making your own games and how to make them a success.
So why not start learning to make games with me now?
See you soon!