25 Best + Free Java Courses & Certificates 
- 1. The Complete Java Certification Course [Udemy] - Best Paid Course
- 2. Java Programming [University of Helsinki MOOC] - Best Free Course
- 3. Java Video Tutorial [YouTube] - Best YouTube Tutorial
- 4. Object Oriented Programming in Java [Coursera] - Best Advanced Course
- 5. Learn Java [Codecademy] - Best Practical Course
- 6. Effective Java [Addison-Wesley Professional] - Best Text Based Course
- 7. Java Fundamentals: The Java Language [PluralSight]
- 8. Java Tutorial For Beginners [YouTube]
- 9. Learn Java the Hard Way [Learn Java The Hard Way]
- 10. Java Programming Masterclass for Software Developers [Udemy]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Java Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- Udemy and Eduonix are best for practical, low cost and high quality Java courses.
- Coursera, Udacity and EdX are the best providers for a Java certificate, as many come from top Ivy League Universities.
- YouTube is best for free Java crash courses.
- PluralSight, SkillShare and LinkedIn are the best monthly subscription platforms if you want to take multiple Java courses.
- Independent Providers for Java courses & certificates are generally hit or miss.
1% of jobs $62,000 - $72,999
3% of jobs $73,000 - $83,999
6% of jobs $84,000 - $94,999
11% of jobs $96,500 is the 25th percentile. Salaries below this are outliers.
$95,000 - $105,999
14% of jobs $106,000 - $116,999
15% of jobs The average salary is $118,139 a year
$117,000 - $127,999
15% of jobs $136,000 is the 75th percentile. Salaries above this are outliers.
$128,000 - $138,999
12% of jobs $139,000 - $149,999
8% of jobs $150,000 - $160,999
6% of jobs $161,000 - $172,000
3% of jobs
The Complete Java Certification Course (2022)
What You'll Learn
- How to write Java programs from scratch and have loads of fun in the process
- Go from zero to hero in writing industry ready Java programs
- Gain enough experience to pass a core Java programming interview and perform well on the job
- Be prepared to take the Java certification exam for OCAJP 1Z0-808
Java Programming (2013)
- Course is run by a university and includes certificates of achievement.
- Beginner-friendly approach to Java and object-oriented programming. Absolutely no coding background is necessary.
- Clear, manageable pace for first-time coders.
- Additional six-week course is available upon completion for a deeper understanding of the covered concepts.
- Program was originally crafted in Finnish and does offer minor language barriers in English.
- Does not include community support expected with traditional massively online courses.
- Much more time intensive than comparable courses.
- Does not get beyond the most basic application of introductory concepts.
Java Video Tutorial (2011)
- The YouTube series is completely free to use.
- Video delivery makes lessons clear and easy to follow.
- Lessons are fast-paced and unlikely to leave you bored or frustrated.
- Course goes well beyond the introductory basics of most comparable instruction.
- Final lesson series covers the complete process of building a video game application from scratch.
- While it starts with introductory concepts, it is not specifically designed for first-time coders.
- As it is entirely pre-recorded, there is no direct, interactive learning with the instructor.
- Explored concepts are mostly generalized. Specific application is lacking.
- The fast pace of lessons can be intimidating for some who are new to programming.
Object Oriented Programming in Java (2015)
- Part of a holistic program that trains students to become Java specialists.
- Peer-based reviewing exposes students to a wider range of approaches and processes than many comparable courses.
- Quizzes help students focus on core concepts and retain information.
- Course toes the line between theoretical and practical knowledge, better preparing students for more advanced instruction to come.
- Course does not sufficiently use project-based testing to help students apply course knowledge.
- Even though the course is introductory, it requires a programming background as a prerequisite.
- Peer reviews provide an unequal experience as not all students will put the same effort into the review process.
Learn Java (2016)
- The free version covers all of the material.
- No specialized software is needed for IDE. The entire program is in-browser.
- Massive student community provides help and support at any and every point in the program.
- Codecademy offers similar courses in every major coding language.
- Lesson paces can feel slow as the program only covers introductory material.
- Free version does not supply specific help if you get stuck.
- Not designed for people with coding experience.
- Course is insufficient to develop complete proficiency with Java.
- Additional learning will be necessary.
Effective Java (2018)
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Java Fundamentals: The Java Language (2015)
- The free trial allows you to get a feel for the class before you commit to the time and money to completing it.
- The course covers a comprehensive set of topics for Java beginners.
- Practical learning ensures that the course cannot be completed without a working knowledge of each topic that is covered.
- With just under eight hours of instruction, the course offers less overall instruction for each concept than many peer courses.
- Course requires a Pluralsight membership. You cannot simply pay for the single course and keep it.
- This course does not go beyond beginner levels in each topic.
Java Tutorial For Beginners (2014)
- Being on YouTube, the entire course is free and can be repeated as often as you like.
- Course is broken into 77 concise, easy-to-consume video modules with 30 additional supplemental videos.
- Supplemental content includes detailed tutorials for installing and using learning resources, such as a Java Runtime Environment.
- There is no direct interaction with the instructor. Everything is in pre-recorded videos only.
- The entire course is long, although many prior students recommend increasing the playback speed to save time.
- While the knowledge is valuable, this is not part of a certification program.
Learn Java the Hard Way (2013)
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Java Programming Masterclass for Software Developers (2022)
- Course was created by Tim Buchalka, a household name in Java instruction.
- Course is designed around real-world problem solving, with a challenge for every lesson.
- Course is available in multiple translations and has touted success globally.
- Lessons start at an introductory level. This class is accessible for all levels and still takes students deep into Java development.
- Content is delivered via high-definition videos. They can eat a lot of data and are prone to lagging, depending on connection speeds.
- 80 hours of instruction makes this course substantially longer than many of its peers.
- The exercises can be challenging and frustrating to complete.
Thinking in Java (2006)
Overall Score : 99 / 100