Pluralsight offers this eight-hour course to beginners in Java coding. It goes over the foundational concepts needed to develop Java apps, including Android, server-side and client-based development. No prior experience with Java or programming is necessary to complete this course.
Created by: Jim Wilson
Produced in 2015
What you will learn
- Simple App Creation: this series of lessons takes you through every step of creating your own app.
- An introduction: the course walks you through setting up your Java environment.
- Variables, Data Types and Operators
- Looping, Arrays and Conditional Logic
- Class Inheritance
- Exceptions and Error
- Abstract Relationships
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- The free trial allows you to get a feel for the class before you commit to the time and money to completing it.
- The course covers a comprehensive set of topics for Java beginners.
- Practical learning ensures that the course cannot be completed without a working knowledge of each topic that is covered.
- With just under eight hours of instruction, the course offers less overall instruction for each concept than many peer courses.
- Course requires a Pluralsight membership. You cannot simply pay for the single course and keep it.
- This course does not go beyond beginner levels in each topic.
Jim Wilson is president of JW Hedgehog, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in solutions for the Android, iOS, and Microsoft platforms. Jim has over 30 years of software engineering experience, with the past 15 years heavily focused on creating mobile device and location-based solutions.
Students also recommend
4.8 (12 Reviews)
- Provider: University of Helsinki MOOC
4.4 (50 Reviews)
- Provider: Udemy
- Time: 16h
4.5 (13 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 22h