This Udemy course aims to take students with no prior knowledge through the initial lessons necessary to understand the essentials of Java programming. The knowledge is delivered through 74 lectures that take 16 hours to complete. John Purcell's free course is a great introduction into Java application development.
Created by: John Purcell
Produced in 2013
What you will learn
- Java core concepts including variables, strings, loops and much more.
- Java collections including ArrayList, sets, natural ordering and other important collections.
- Source code for the examples and challenges in the course.
- Supplemental resources to move beyond the beginning stages and advance your Java career.
Overall Score : 88 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- The introduction lessons are comprehensive. Every step is explained and easy to follow.
- Algorithm-focused Java sets this course apart from most introductory courses.
- Example-based lectures take Java out of the abstract and focus on real-world applications.
- Course spends minimal time on object-oriented programming concepts and lessons.
- Second half of the course moves much faster than the first half and can be difficult for complete beginners to follow.
- There is no course transcript. Having one would add clarity to the overall course and help some students learn faster and more effectively.
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, I decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. After spending four years in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary and a year in Berlin, I now live in my home town of Derby, UK.
Students also recommend
4.8 (12 Reviews)
- Provider: University of Helsinki MOOC
4.4 (51 Reviews)
- Provider: Udemy
- Time: 16h
4.5 (13 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 22h