Created by Codecademy, this 25-hour class covers a full introduction to Java and object-oriented programming. It covers seven different coding projects to take you from the absolute beginning into basic proficiency. You can explore the free version or upgrade to the pro version to attain additional resources.
Produced in 2016
What you will learn
- Hello World! The classic first lesson in any coding adventure.
- Variables and data types for basic Java coding.
- Basics of object-oriented Java.
- How to use conditionals and control flow.
- Arrays, arraylists and their applications.
- Loops and efficient conditional task flow.
- String methods and object management.
- Inheritance and polymorphism and the fundamentals of object-oriented principles.
Course Depth & Coverage
Overall Score : 68 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
java Awards Best Practical Course
Java is among the most popular programming languages out there, mainly because of how versatile and compatible it is. Java can be used for a large number of things, including software development, mobile applications, and large systems development. As of 2019, 88% market share of all smartphones run on Android, the mobile operating system written in Java. Knowing Java opens a great deal of doors for you as a developer.Take-Away SkillsIn this course you'll be exposed to fundamental programming concepts, including object-oriented programming (OOP) using Java. You'll build 7 Java projects - like a basic calculator - to help you practice along the way.
- The free version covers all of the material.
- No specialized software is needed for IDE. The entire program is in-browser.
- Massive student community provides help and support at any and every point in the program.
- Codecademy offers similar courses in every major coding language.
- Lesson paces can feel slow as the program only covers introductory material.
- Free version does not supply specific help if you get stuck.
- Not designed for people with coding experience.
- Course is insufficient to develop complete proficiency with Java.
- Additional learning will be necessary.
Students also recommend
4.8 (12 Reviews)
- Provider: University of Helsinki MOOC
4.4 (51 Reviews)
- Provider: Udemy
- Time: 16h
4.5 (13 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 22h