Build 8+ Practical Projects and Master Machine Learning Regression Techniques Using Python, Scikit Learn and Keras
Created by: Dr. Ryan Ahmed
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Master Python programming and Scikit learn as applied to machine learning regression
- Understand the underlying theory behind simple and multiple linear regression techniques
- Apply simple linear regression techniques to predict product sales volume and vehicle fuel economy
- Apply multiple linear regression to predict stock prices and Universities acceptance rate
- Cover the basics and underlying theory of polynomial regression
- Apply polynomial regression to predict employees' salary and commodity prices
- Understand the theory behind logistic regression
- Apply logistic regression to predict the probability that customer will purchase a product on Amazon using customer features
- Understand the underlying theory and mathematics behind Artificial Neural Networks
- Learn how to train network weights and biases and select the proper transfer functions
- Train Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) using back propagation
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Machine Learning is a subfield of Artificial Intelligence that enables machines to improve at a given task with experience. Machine Learning is an extremely hot topic; the demand for experienced machine learning engineers and data scientists has been steadily growing in the past 5 years. According to a report released by Research and Markets, the global AI and machine learning technology sectors are expected to grow from $1.4B to $8.8B by 2022 and it is predicted that AI tech sector will create around 2.3 million jobs by 2020.
The purpose of this course is to provide students with knowledge of key aspects of machine learning regression techniques in a practical, easy and fun way. Regression is an important machine learning technique that works by predicting a continuous (dependant) variable based on multiple other independent variables. Regression strategies are widely used for stock market predictions, real estate trend analysis, and targeted marketing campaigns.
The course provides students with practical hands-on experience in training machine learning regression models using real-world dataset. This course covers several technique in a practical manner, including:
Simple Linear Regression
Multiple Linear Regression
Decision trees regression
Artificial Neural Networks for Regression analysis
Regression Key performance indicators
The course is targeted towards students wanting to gain a fundamental understanding of machine learning regression models. Basic knowledge of programming is recommended. However, these topics will be extensively covered during early course lectures; therefore, the course has no prerequisites, and is open to any student with basic programming knowledge. Students who enroll in this course will master machine learning regression models and can directly apply these skills to solve real world challenging problems.Who this course is for:
- Data Scientists who want to apply their knowledge on Real World Case Studies
- Machine Learning Enthusiasts who look to add more projects to their Portfolio
Ryan Ahmed is a best-selling Udemy instructor who is passionate about education and technology. Ryan's mission is to make quality education accessible and affordable to everyone. Ryan holds a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from McMaster* University, with focus on Mechatronics and Electric Vehicle (EV) control. He also received a Master's of Applied Science degree from McMaster, with focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and fault detection and an MBA in Finance from the DeGroote School of Business.
Ryan held several engineering positions at Fortune 500 companies globally such as Samsung America and Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Canada. Ryan has taught several courses on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to over 50,000+ students globally. He has over 15 published journal and conference research papers on state estimation, AI, Machine learning, battery modeling and EV controls. He is the co-recipient of the best paper award at the IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (iTEC 2012) in Detroit, MI, USA.
Ryan is a Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM), certified Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario, a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), and a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He is also the program Co-Chair at the 2017 IEEE Transportation and Electrification Conference (iTEC'17) in Chicago, IL, USA.
* McMaster University is one of only four Canadian universities con
Students also recommend
4.6 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 19h
4.3 (20 Reviews)
- Provider: fast.ai
- Time: 30h
4.9 (481 Reviews)
- Provider: Coursera
- Time: 7h